Ch.6 The Book

"Can I sit here with you?" a small voice said the next day, making Kaylee snap out of her daydream.

"Henry!" Kaylee let out with a smile, "Of course you can"

"My mom's running a little bit late from the Council Meeting" Henry plopped down on the wooden bench right next to her.

Kaylee nodded, "I'm sure she's really busy"

"What are you doing here?" Henry asked in a light voice.

"Just sitting" Kaylee sighed, "It's a slow day at the clinic and I really needed some air. I just had the most unusual dream last night that's kind of freaking me out"

"A dream?" Henry asked, "What was it about? No wait, can I take a wild guess? Did it have anything to do with being in the woods, being hunted down, and a wolf? If I remember correctly, the wolf had one eye red and the other black. So am I on the right track? You know, it was just a wild guess. I'm right, aren't I?"

"How did you know?" Kaylee asked breathlessly, "At first I thought I was going crazy or something. Please tell me that I don't need to see Archie anytime soon"

Henry beamed, "I knew it! I knew she would break the curse!"

"What? Who?" Kaylee questioned.

"It doesn't matter right now" Henry pulled his back pack over his lap, "I've got something to show you"

"What's that?" Kaylee asked as the little boy took out a big, long and red book, "What's going on?"

Henry flipped through the pages, "It's your history"

"What are you talking about?" Kaylee let out a light laugh as she looked around her, "Henry, that's a book of fairytales. It doesn't mean that they actually happened. Dreams happen all the time. It has to be mere coincidence that I was dreaming something from your tales. I probably peeked over your shoulder when you were at Granny's or something. I can't even believe I told you any of this. Maybe I really do need to go to Archie? Or maybe borrow Ruby's tall bottle of tequila"

Kaylee did a double take as she looked down and noticed a picture that looked almost identical to her. She took the book onto her lap and examined the picture closer as she noticed the woman was gently touching a wolf.

"See?" Henry spoke up, "Now do you believe me?"

"Suri" Kaylee whispered, "That was the wolf's name. This was Graham's pet. No... he called her his family. He was the Huntsman"

"My parents threw me out into the forest" Humbert said in a cold voice, "What kind of love am I expected to find in humans anyways?"

"You remember who you are" Henry said.

"Yes" Kaylee turned to the little boy, "Which means that we are all in grave danger"