Chapter 20

*1 month later*

A month has passed and we had to get my leg checked out again. Emily helped me to the car and we drove off. I laid my head on the window, nervously thinking about what the doctors might say. Dalton must have noticed because he grabbed my hand and said "Everything will be fine, and besides who cares if you get a fake leg! You'll be like a robot!" Dalton said trying to cheer me up. "Being a robot is a good thing?" I laughed. "Yea! Plus when you kick someone it will probably hurt more!" Cole commented. "Well, nice to know where your mind's at!" I said. "You'll be fine no matter what happens, alright." Emily said. I nodded my head, even though my stomach was still twisting and turning.

~

We got to the doctors and Dalton helped me into the waiting room. We sat down and my name was called right away. The nurse brought out a wheel chair and wheeled me into a room. Everyone waited in the waiting room except for Dalton. "You ready?" He said rubbing my shoulder. I shook my head no. "Oh, come on! You'll be fine! Nothing will be different just because you leg is fake." He said. "I know, I know... I'm just nervous." I sighed. "Yeah I understand." Dalton said kissing my cheek. Then, the doctor came in. "Hello Theodora! How does your leg feel?" He asked. "Still having trouble." I sighed. "Well, let's take a look. Shall we?" The doctor said rolling up my pants. Once my pants were rolled up to my thigh, He slowly took off the cast.

~

My leg was all swollen and bruised. "Ooo.." Dalton said turning his head. "Is it that bad?" I asked. "Uhh, no, no! Lets take you for X-rays." The doctor said jumping off that topic. He wheeled me down to the X-ray room, with Dalton following behind. The doctor helped me onto the platform and the nurse helped position my leg. Once it all the X-rays were taken I was wheeled back into the room we were first in. The doctor left to look at the X-rays and Dalton and I were left alone again. "Is my leg really that bad?" I asked. "Looks it, but don't worry I'm not a doctor." He said. "Dalton, I-I'm terrified." I silently said. I started getting super nervous. My heart started pounding and my hands began to shake.

~

"Listen to me, no matter what happens you're going to be fine." He whispered in my ear. "But, what if I won't be." I said almost bursting into tears. "What if during my operation, something happens? What if...." I tried to go on, but the tears came. "Shhh, please don't think about that alright? You're going to be fine." He said wiping away my tears. "Now dry those tears, you don't want the doctor to see you like this." He said grabbing tissues for me. I wiped my tears away and slowly calmed down. "You alright now?" He asked in a gentle voice. I nodded my head. The doctor came back with the results. "I'm sorry to say this, Theodora but, you leg bone is never going to heal. We need to do an operation to cut it off." He explained. I gasped and tried to hold back from crying. "Are you sure it can't heal?" Dalton asked. 'I'm sorry, it really can't." He apologized. I couldn't hold in the tears any longer. I started to sob........

^_^| ^_^| ^_^| ^_^| ^_^|^_^|^_^

Sorry for not updating, I hate school 😤😤 BUT THANK YOU FOR 2,000 READS!!!! AND OVER 100 VOTES LIKE WTF HOW!?!?!? I LOVE YOU ALL!!! ~Carly