Chapter 5

I closed my eyes and just prayed to god that it would be over. I looked up and saw Dalton tackling Dean. I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. I broke down into a sob. Why did this have to happen to me? Why couldn't I just be a normal teenager? I just kept crying,hard as I was when Dalton found me at the bus stop. I wanted to get out of this living nightmare so badly. I looked up once more to see if it was almost over. I saw Dalton getting up and Dean laying on the ground motionless. Dalton turned and looked at me. He had a black eye and his nose was bleeding. He was hurt but, not badly. Dean was still laying on the ground motionless, most likely not getting up for a while. I put my face in my hands again and cried. I was still terrified to walk over to them.

~

Then, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I look up and saw Dalton looking down at me. "Are you ok, darling?" He asked in a soft quiet voice. "No, can we please go home?" I said wiping tears away. "Yes and don't worry that asshole won't hurt you no more." Dalton said as he helped me up. Behind Dalton were the others. "Yeah, Dalton got him good, threaten him to stay away or next time it will be worse." Cole said. Dalton pulled me into a hug and then let go. He held onto my shoulders and looked straight into my eyes. "I don't want you to go anywhere alone, ok? I don't want him to ever find you." Dalton told me. I nodded. "He could try to hurt you and I never want you to get hurt." Dalton said whiping a tear from my cheek. After I calmed down we walked home. Dalton had his arm around me the whole time. Like he was protecting me.

~

When we got home I told them I needed to go to the bathroom and clean up but, that was a lie. I wanted something sharp that I could cut my wrist with. I needed to releave my pain inside with pain outside. I went into the bathroom and locked the door. I searched the draws for a blade. I found one and put against my skin. The cold sharp blade felt good. I cut my wrist letting the blood flow done my arm. I made another cut deep as the first one. Letting more blood fall to the floor. It hurt but, it calmed me. I know if Dalton found out it would break his heart. I wiped up all the blood and cleaned my wrist. I washed the blade and put it back exactly where i found it. I hoped that no one would notice anything different.

~

I came out of the bathroom and went to the couch where I still sleep. Jill told me she's trying to get a room for me but, it will be a little bit. I layed on the couch and cuddleed in my blanket. After a few failed attempts of falling alseep I heard foot steps coming toward the living room. "Hey, you better now?" The person asked. I look up to see Dalton sitting next to me. I shook me head. Dalton started rubbing my back. "Trust me baby it will get better." He softly said. I said nothing I just covered my face with the balnket. Dalton chuckled. "What do I scare you?" Dalton asked. "No, I just want to disapear." I grunted. "But, I don't want you to." Dalton said poking me. "Why, I'm a total mess, I fell for a drunk idoit, I was almost homeless, and I'm the ugliest thing to walk this planet." I said going into turtle mode. "No, your not, what the hell are you talking about?" Dalton said trying to pull the blanket off my face. "No, stop I look like a monster" I said grabbing onto the blanket tighter.

~

"You're beautiful, though." Dalton said tugging on the harder. "No, stop let me be a turtle" I whined. "But, I want to see your beautiful face." Dalton begged. Dalton pulled hard enough and pulled the the blanket right off. I hid my wrist the fastest I could. "Awe are you still crying?" He asked seeing the redness of my face. "I stopped, but I could start again any minute." I answered. "Sit up next to me." Dalton told me. I sat up next to him with the blanket still around me. Dalton put his arm around me and I laid my head on his shoulder. "You will never be ugly no matter what. I remember seeing at the bus stop that one night. I stopped because you looked so beautiful and cold." Dalton sang rubbing my shoulder. I smiled a little bit. "I don't feel it at all." I sighed. "Why is that?" Dalton asked. "Like I said before, I fell for a total asshole, My friends and family live all the way in Delaware and you had to hurt yourself to protect. I'm a huge ugly problem." I said so close to tears. "Shhh, no your not, you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." Dalton shushed me. "Why are you so nice to me?" I asked. "Well, I know you've had a hard life and I really do like you." He softly spoke. I sat up and turned to face him. "You do?" I asked shocked. "Yes, I do and I have ever since I saw you." He said

~

Dalton's face got close to mine, so close we were almost touching. I looked into his beautiful pure green eyes. I realized I liked him too. I never thought of it till now. He's always so nice to me and no one has treated me he does. Dean never treated me nicely even at the begining of our realationship. Dalton kissed me and I responded right away. The kiss was long and sweet. Way better than the drunk kisses Dean would give me. The kiss was only about 5 seconds long but, it felt like a lifetime. Dalton pulled away. He smiled at me. "Sorry I've just been wating to do that." Dalton apoligized. I laughed. "No, it's fine, that was wonderful." I admitted. We both just stared into each others eyes untill another voice broke us out of our trance. "Uhhh, what are you guys doing?" I turned to see Dana walking down stairs. "Oh, uh, nothing." Dalton stuttered. "Ok, then" Dana said back confused. I flopped back on the couch. Cuddling into my balnket.