Chapter five

"Oh shit that nigga got a piece." Somebody yelled as they looked at Amari start to pull his gun out his waist. Blaze held his hands up as if he was telling Amari he didn't want any issues. Trinity stood up and walked over to him. She looked at him as if he was stupid and he only smiled.

" Now what was that shit you was talking?" Blaze just shook his head and walked off. Amari didn't care if Blaze was older, bigger, and stronger. He would take Blaze on any day with or without Rico. As the group of boys walked off Amari and Trinity returned to their seats. "Amari u wildin out. What you gone and do that for? " He didn't answer. He just watched the game start back up. "I need a fucking job," Trinity shook her head at how he changed the subject as if nothing was wrong. "Your not old enough to get a job. Just hold out for a little while."

"See I can't hold out any longer. You know how it is. Watching your mom struggle to make ends meet. I mean I'm tired of being the man of the house but can't even take care of her." Trinity knew exactly how he felt. She too was tired of watching Her parents struggle. But at the moment there was nothing they could do about it. They were only fourteen. Nobody wanted to hire a fourteen year old.

"So what you go do?" Amari knew exactly what he wanted to do. He wanted to be a little corner boy Just to make enough until he can get a job legally. " I wanna sell." Trinity's eyes rolled to the back of her head it felt like. She knew that he might've said that but she was hoping he didn't. "You to smart for that, " she said above a whisper. "Come again? What was that? " Cocking his ears so he can hear more clearly. "I said you to damn smart for that. " now everybody could hear Her. "I'm just go head home. Let me know when you want to start making good decisions." Getting up she tried to walk away alone to be with Her thoughts. But she felt someone walking behind her. She turned around and it was Amari. "Girl it's getting dark. Did you really think I was go let you walk home by yourself? " He looked up and down the street making sure it was safe to cross. The whole time Trinity didn't say a word. Once she was safe back home Amari headed home himself. At this point it's around eight at night so the sunny officially went down. Wakling in the dark he felt no fear because he had his gun on him. As he started to walk more and more down the street to a local corner store before heading home he heard footsteps behind him. He thought it was nothing because the streets start to get busy around this time. "Aye," someone called out. Thinking they were talking to someone else he continued on. "Aye? Ain't you that bitch Amari? " Finally looking over his shoulder he saw a group of older boys who looked around in their late teens. "Why you wanna know? " The first punch to the face didn't hurt as much. The next few punches Amari knew would leave a bruise. The group finally got Amari down to the ground and started kicking him in every part of his body. His ribs felt like they were going to break any minute and his head felt it was busted open. Finally he heard a shot go off in the air. All the boys looked up to see who it was but of course Amari wasn't able to see. "Y'all little nigga's need to get back to fucking work. I'm not paying y'all to jump nobody. Non of y'all getting pay this week. Let's go. " all the boys rushed off back to the corners while Amari laid on the ground still bloody and bruised. He felt someone picking him up and placing him on something soft. Amari didn't know he was being place in the backseat of a black Dodge. "Let's take this little nigga to Ava's house man. They fucked his shit up." He knew the men was talking about him but he was too weak to say anything. "Aye little nigga. Don't go to sleep. Stay woke as much as you can." Amari wasn't understanding a word they were saying. He was super sleepy at this point and Just wanted to close his eyes for a second. But he knew if he were to close his eyes he might not wake back up. Staying up as much as he could he tried to look up but failed to do so. As he road in the back of the black dodge he came to realization of what Just happened. "I got fucking jumped. "