Preference 1-How You Meet

Sherlock: You were sitting in the back of an ambulance, an orange shock blanket over your shoulders. You had just witnessed the murder of your Aunt Balinda, who had been your last relative. What am I gonna do now? you thought to yourself. Where am I gonna live?

A tall man with a long black coat and blue scarf walked up to you, his dark curls bouncing with each step. Once he was standing in front of you, he held out his hand for you to shake. "Hello, miss. Sherlock. Pleasure."

You slowly moved to shake his hand. "..(Y/n). Pleasure is all mine. May I ask why you're here?"

Sherlock gave you a small smile. "I'm a consulting detective. Only one in the world. I'm here to investigate the case of your aunt's death."

"Oh. Well, I hope you can find out who did all this. In the meantime," you sighed, "I need to find somewhere to stay."

Sherlock raised an eyebrow at you, and seemed to be thinking. "Um, actually..I have another room in my flat, if you'd..." his voice trailed off, as if he was embarrassed or didn't know what else to say.

"If I'd like to move in?" You finished for him, smiling.

Sherlock nodded and straightened his coat lapels. "Yes."

"Well, I would probably consider it, but I have no money. I have a job, but I make very little, and most of it goes to pay off student loans anyway."

"Well, my landlady, Mrs. Hudson, is giving me a special price. And I think I know of a way to help you with your finances," he grinned.

(The Sherlock preference was actually a spin on a oneshot for Jadewonders , hope you liked it 😉)

John: You were eating at your favorite little diner over by 22 Northumberland Street. You were about to dig into your food when you saw two men come in.

"Thank you Billy," one man said. Sherlock, you knew him. But who was this new man with him? His sandy colored hair gleamed pink and blue in the odd lighting of the quaint little diner, and his eyes seemed to sparkle. You couldn't take your eyes off of him. They eventually wandered to the cane he had laid on the seat beside him. Poor guy, you thought to yourself. I wonder what happened..

After a few minutes of you eating and Sherlock and his new acquaintance chatting, they suddenly ran out the door.

You looked over to see them chasing after a cab. Oh Sherlock, always a wild one.

You eventually finished your meal, paid, and were about to walk out the door when you saw that the blond man had left his cane at their table.

Just then, the owner came up to you. "Hey, (y/n)," he said casually, seeing as you were a regular. "I just got a text from Sherlock saying his friend left his cane here. Would you mind swinging by and droppin' it off?"

You nodded. "Sure."

Not long after that, you arrived at the door of 221b Baker Street, the stranger's cane in hand. You knocked on the door a couple times, and almost immediately the sandy-haired man opened the door.

You smiled sweetly at him. "Sherlock texted the owner, told him you left this. I decided to drop it off on my way home."

The man smiled back at you, which sent butterflies swarming around in your stomach. "Oh, thank you," he said gratefully. "My name's John, by the way.." he added awkwardly.

"(Y/n)," you replied, grinning. "Nice to meet you, John. Tell Sherlock I said hello, would you?"

"I will," he nodded. "Well I'd..best be going.." he gestured towards the inside of the flat.

You nodded and stepped onto the sidewalk. "Of course. Good night, John!" you said as you walked away.

"Good night, (y/n)!"