Chapter 1: Lily

• Dedicated to All of my Wattpad Fans!

I am walking down the halls again. Dark, like every night. I can't leave, well it's not that I can't leave, it's more that I choose not to leave. I've been in this once-crumbling, but now remodeled and fully functioning building, since the night I was murdered, did I mention i'm a ghost? My name is Lily. I am 17, well, when I died I was 17. Its been awhile since then, but i will get to that later. 

Anyway, back to where we were before, this is a hotel. It's called Savannah Nights Inn, I'm guessing they gave it that name because we are in Savannah, Georgia, and the people who named it were not very creative. The fact that this hotel is in full operation doesn't make hiding ourselves any easier.

I'm not the only spirit here, there's Jake, he's only 4, and Sally, she's 12, and then there is Mr. Jackson, he is 40 and is the meanest soul I've ever met. The rest of us don't associate with him much. He was killed in a shooting that took place here in the late 1800s. He still is upset that he never got to seek revenge on the men that shot him, I'm guessing that's why he likes to mess with the guests that come to stay at the hotel. He scares them a lot and makes them want to leave.

I, on the other hand, choose to keep to myself because I don't feel like making the guests uncomfortable, unless they try to stay in my room. I have stayed in that room since the night I was killed there. I won't leave just because someone wants to stay in there. My boyfriend strangled me while I was sleeping one night when we were supposed to be staying here together. Turns out he was with another girl and he didn't want to deal with me anymore. I'm over him now, I have moved on.

I'm not quite sure why I'm still on earth. Why I didn't go to Heaven or Hell, that's the biggest mystery to me. I have no reason to still be here, not that I am aware of it anyway. Is it punishment, to torment me because I was so stupid to believe Jason (my ex-boyfriend) was really and truly in love with only me? I saw them after I died, they didn't see me of course. He acted as if nothing had happened, but I knew I was there in his mind.