Chapter 20: Xander

Jordan and I pack our suicases of equipment one by one into the big black van. We finally get everything loaded into the back and get in, close the doors and now we are on our way home. Everything that's happened over the past two days runs through my mind. Jordan notices my silence and looks at me from the driver's seat.

"What are you thinking about, bro?" he asks me. "Everything," I answer him, not really on one specific topic. "By everything, you mean Lily, right?" Jordan just has to get my brain back on the topic of her. Seriously? I was trying to avoid that topic at the moment. "Actually, no, not until you said something. Thank you, Jordan." I say, sarcastically. He smiles and replies with, "What are you going to do about that, man?" "Do about what?" I ask, puzzled by what he means. "About, you know, her. You just kind of kissed her, then left." He said as though he was obvious in his question. "I don't know." I sigh, thinking some more.

We sit in silence for the rest of the way home until we pull up in my driveway. "Hey, you wanna crash at my place tonight?" I ask. "Yeah, just let me text my mom, she won't care." He said, a little tired, which  was totally feeling right now after staying up all night. "Alright, awesome." I walk up to the garage door, press the door opener button and turn back to the van to grab some of the gear from the van and put it in there.

After we unpack all of the stuff into the garage, I close it and we sluggishly walk into the house. "You boys look tired," my mom commented as we pulled ourselves through the front door, "Have fun?" She asks. "Yeah. Can J stay over today? We're probably just going to crash for a while we're both pretty beat." I explain, she nods her head and we walk upstairs to my bedroom and Jordan collapses on the bottom bunk and I climb up and fall onto the top bunk. A few minutes later, the only sound out of either of us is our snoring.