Chapter 29 - Our Life Together

*Lauren's POV*

It's been a strange, wonderful and sometimes downright weird since we got our new house. That was almost 8 months ago. Camila is due any day and I can't wait. But before I talk about Lauren, I'll talk about the house.

"Oh before I continue, Zayn and the female werewolf Claire he met at the party are still together. They are madly in love and she's already bonded with him. Ally and Shawn are now engaged and Dinah is still single but is doing great with her music."

Our house is huge mansion built high in the Hollywood hills. It overlooks the city and has a whole complex of rooms underground. It has a 6 car garage, with 6 cars in it. 5 now as we gave Ally a Porsche for her birthday last month. Livia was a collector of fine art antiques and the house is full of it. Much to our chagrin we discovered over half the artwork on the walls was stolen. Just outside the master bathroom on the 2nd floor was a stolen piece of artwork by Vermeer. We discovered it was stolen from a Museum in Boston 23 years ago. There was a stolen Rembrandt on the wall in the basement. We found a Van Gogh in the basement too. All in all we found 23 pieces of artwork that had been stolen from various museums around the world in the last 100 years. Don't worry, Camila and I have more money than we know what to do with.

Though I wanted to keep the collection, Camila insisted we return the items, which we did anonymously. As I promised, I had a music practice room and recording studio put in the basement. I had the very best money could buy installed. Camila been working on her debut album.

After the baby is born, we're going to visit the house in Italy and the apartment in London. But now, we're dealing with this one. Camila found a room in the basement that had hooks on the ceiling, drains on the floor and several red splotches on the walls which I'm sure isn't marinara sauce. Camila refuses to enter that room as it creeps her out. I put my office there for just that reason.

There is one room worth noting. Being an ancient vampire, Livia had collected many strange things over the centuries. We have a large room in the basement full of boxes. It half reminds me of that end scene in raiders of the lost ark with the warehouse full of boxes.

Now Livia was an arms dealer so it was no surprise when we opened one box and found it filled with Chinese made landmines. Camila's dad had the bomb squad take them away. We found a box full of medieval weaponry. I found a box full of brand new expensive cameras. I've taken up photography as a hobby, as a result.

We have a lock on the door now, a big lock. The third box we opened contained a small Zuni fetish doll about 6 inches high. He looked like a misshapen warrior with huge teeth and a long spear. The wood he was made from was black and he had black hair. A gold chain was around his neck. There was a small note saying that the chain kept the spirit in the doll from coming alive.

When she accidentally tore the chain off Camila just laughed. "Ohhh...It's going to come alive and kill us."

Unfortunately, the doll did just that a few moments later.

It came alive and stabbed me in the foot with its little spear. It really fucking hurt. Camila and I spent the better part of an hour in wolf form, hunting the damn thing down. Being 6 inches tall there was lots of places for it to hide and ambush us. We both got poked with its spear at least 4 or 5 times.

When we finally caught the little bastard we were going to toss in the oven but Camila suggested the wood chipper we have in the garden shed. That little bastard screamed as I shoved it in the wood chipper. We were much more careful with the boxes after that debacle.

Usually on a Saturday night if we have nothing going on, we'll open a box and see what's in it. Only one at a time as we've found some of the boxes, but not all to be dangerous. Not everything is bad, we found a box full of gold bars worth about 2 million dollars. Despite the fact our house has both cursed and stolen items in it, we still love it.