Chapter 5 - What's an Alter Ego Anyway ?

*No One's POV*

For the rest of the ride to Nozu, Lauren avoided any more talk of wolves. Just by the look in her eyes, Lauren sensed that Camila didn't seem too comfortable talking about it.

The rest of the way there they chatted about Ally and weather or not she would ever let Shawn date her.

"She's been playing hard to get, a little too long." Camila remarked.

"If I were Shawn I would have given up and moved on, that fool keeps after Ally."

"I did notice he's been paying attention to Krista Evans, a lot more lately." Camila said after thinking for a minute.

"Maybe he's actually growing a brain."

A minute later they arrived at Nozu and went in, where they grabbed a booth.

They ordered and for a few minutes chatted about school. Suddenly a serious look came to Lauren's face.

"Can I as you a question Camila?"

Camila slightly frowned, suspecting it was about her other side. Camila knew perfectly well such questions were inevitable. "Go ahead."

Lauren hesitated for a moment, not sure if she should ask the question. "I know you said you felt like a freak, are you ashamed to be a werewolf?"

Camila lowered her head slightly and closed her eyes for a moment. "Sometimes" Lauren could detect a tone of sorrow in her voice.

Camila continued to speak. "My sister is normal. The only exception with her is that she can spot a werewolf in a second, even in human form. I have no idea why. But she's normal. I'm not normal, most of the time I feel like half a person. At night I strip and run around the neighborhood as a wolf."

The ever increasing pain on Camila's face was evident, as a single tear fell down her face. "I run around and howl and I mark my territory like a common dog."

Camila further lowered her head as more tears came rolling down her face. Lauren hated asking the question but she felt she needed to know how exactly Camila viewed herself.

Hearing enough, Lauren reached forward with her hands and took Camila's into hers. "You're not a common dog or a common anything. You're more than a person. You had to be a lot more than common to attract me. I'm not ashamed to be with you. I know this relationship is very new but I feel a connection with you. And it's more than the fact that you killed someone to protect me."

Camila's eyes seemed to light up a bit.

"You're different, but lots of people are different. You're a beautiful animal and a beautiful person. Not to mention extremely dangerous and I like dangerous." Lauren found it hard to believe she was saying this but deep down she meant it.

That seemed to bring Camila's spirits back up. Lauren realized she had to be a little careful with any comments, as the subject was still somewhat sensitive to Camila.

Lauren avoided talk of wolves for the rest of dinner which went very well. They talked and both felt they made a connection with the other. Camila was simply happy to have someone accept her for what she was. Lauren was intrigued by this other side of Camila. Lauren also was rather fond of Camila in human form as well.

They held hands on their way out of the restaurant. Lauren drove Camila home and parked in front of the Cabello house.

"Thanks for trusting me Camila." Lauren said, knowing it wasn't easy for her to do so.

Camila smiled. "Thanks for going out with me. Can I see you again?"

"That would be good." Lauren said as she leaned into kiss Camila. It was a slow burning kiss, full of fire and potential, which both of them felt.