Chapter 25 - Between a Rock and a Hard Place

*Zayn POV*

It was a hectic night to be sure. I showed up at Camila's house where a number of people were assembled. A big map of the world with pins in various cites was present along with a few extra phones. After a while Camila, Lauren, Camila's dad and several other left to get in position.

I, Camila's mom and a few others were put to work, monitoring what was going on in other cities. It was a simple task but I wanted to help in some way. Granted I was still wrapping my head around the concept of Vampries and Werewolves but it was certainly true.

Once the attack was launched I got to work calling the headquarters in various cities to get updates on how things were proceeding. From the few I had to call, things were going very well. Reports from the people her in LA said all was going well. I'd even heard they found the head Vampire's location and Lauren was on her way there. All seemed like it was going perfectly.

That was until Camila got home. Two werewolves dropped Camila off at the house. I could tell as soon as she stormed in the house that she was ultra pissed. I was on the phone at the time but she immediately took her mom into another room. I could hear loud voices coming from the room. From the snippets I made out I figured that Lauren went after the head Vampire herself and ordered Camila taken home. The official excuse was the fact that Camila was slightly hurt, but Camila knew that Lauren never intended to take her.

Camila's mom was trying to calm down the very livid Latina, but was not succeeding. Eventually Camila came storming out of the room and grabbed me by the shirt. She looked very angry.

"Come on, you're taking me to where Lauren is?" She demanded.

I looked to Camila's mom who quickly protested.

"You should wait dear. It's not safe." She said somewhat sternly.

Camila ignored her mother and practically dragged me out of the house.

She said little as we got in the car, only telling me to drive to an address.

"Look Camila, I'm sure Lauren was just..." I started to say to try and reason with Camila. From my experience I knew Lauren's first instinct would be to protect Camila at all costs. So Lauren's actions didn't come as much of a surprise to me. I heard some talk that the head vampire was an uber nasty vampire. Though I'm sure in her typical fashion, Lauren didn't bother to tell Camila ahead of time or really explain her reasoning.

"Just drive. Got it!" Camila said, cutting me off. Just by the look on her face, I could tell Camila was in no mood to talk. She just clammed up and starred out the window. I was worried about Lauren myself but there was nothing I could do about it. The rest of the car ride was filled with a tense silence.

About 25 minutes later we pulled up into the driveway of a large mansion. The metal gates at the bottom of the driveway had been knocked open, presumably by a car. Several other cars had just come up ahead of us. As I got out, I spotted Lauren's dad amongst them.

As we walked up to the house, Lauren emerged from the front door. She stepped over a corpse in front of it and staggered forward. She was holding a bottle and looked like she was covered in blood from head to toe. She reminded me a bit of Carrie from the 1970's movie. There was a look in her eyes that I from dating her for so long indicated to me, that she had won.

I was standing back so I didn't hear what was all said but she said something about Peach schnapps, which she hates. She then said something about Livia being dust.

Camila just huffed and walked up to Lauren. She just stood there for a moment, her arms crossed and a very angry expression on her face.

Lauren made a sheepish looking smile, showing a missing tooth no less.