Chapter 18 - Gathering The Troops

*No One's POV*

As Camila and Lauren drove to the doctor's office where Camila's uncle worked, Camila paid close attention to her mate. Lauren was driving, largely silent with a very determined look on her face. But Camila being her mate, could sense that Lauren deep down was worried and scared. When each one was feeling strong emotions the other could sense it.

Camila knew Lauren was covering up her fear but it was there. She felt she had to do something.

Camila gently put a hand on Lauren's leg. "Laur honey, pull over for a second."

Lauren gave her a curious look. "Why?"

"Please baby, just indulge me. It will only be for a minute."

Lauren huffed. "Camila were in a hurry."

"Please baby." Camila pleaded.

Lauren relented and pulled over to the curb. "What is it?" Lauren said somewhat impatiently.

Camila put up her hands on either side of Lauren's face and starred directly into her green eyes.

"Lauren, I'm your lover, girlfriend, and mate. I know you're scared and nervous deep down. I can feel it. I sense you saw something that scared you. I just want you to know that I love you and I will be at your side every step of the way. I'm not going to leave you, come hell or high water. Where you go, I go."

Camila then took both of Lauren's hands into hers. "You're fate, is my fate."

Lauren paused for a moment and looked deep into Camila's eyes as a single tear fell from her eye. It deeply touched to see the depths of Camila's devotion. Though she didn't' feel worthy of it. She felt lucky to have a mate so closely bonded to her and loved her with all her heart. Lauren just didn't know what to say.

"I love you Camila. " Lauren said, but then sighed. "Just between you and me, I am nervous."

Lauren, you're the 2nd best actress I know, me being the first. "If you don't feel like you're a strong leader than just act the part of one."

Lauren narrowed her eyes. "So you just gave me helpful advice and insulted me all at the same time."

"Looks like you're rubbing off on me."

Lauren chuckled. "Just don't act too much like me, there's only room for one bitch in this relationship."

A few minutes later they were entering the waiting room of the doctor's office, where several people were waiting. Lauren walked right past them to the door where the exam rooms.

"You can't go in there." The receptionist said out loud.

"Watch me!" Lauren said as she walked through the door.

"She's just barging in without an appointment, stop her" The receptionist said out loud to a rather large male nurse standing in the back.

The large nurse stepped in front of Lauren and put his hand on her shoulder. "You can turn right around missy."

"Get your hand off me before I break it" Lauren hissed.