Chapter 8

Surprisingly things took a great turn after our meeting in the pool house. Harry was socializing with a few close friends and Demi was in a better mood. Probably because she had a few more drinks in her system. I was happy to see them finally enjoying themselves even though I took on more responsibility like: Getting the food out, making sure beers and liquor were out and, bring out his birthday cake.

I struggled a bit with the last one but, thankfully one of his friends jumped in to assist me. Either that or it was going to end up on the floor.

"Don't worry, I got it" he said smiling as he took it out of my hands. I smiled grateful that he was here, cause I wasn't sure it was going to end well. I looked him over seeing the slicked back dirty blonde hair and brown eyes.

"Thank you" I whispered and he laughed nodded. "No problem, you're running around like a chicken with their head chopped off" I laughed nodding. "Well everyone's happy, that's all that matters" I said and he nodded.

Instantly I thought about if this was one of the good people that Harry liked or was he, one of those leeches. That would definitely change my attitude towards him. I didn't think he was a bad guy, he was the only one that came to help me.

"They just left you to fend for yourself. Which one of them of them did this to you?" He asked laughing as I opened the top of the cake "Both" I muttered shaking my head. They owe me.

"This is the last thing, then after I can relax a bit" I shrugged grabbing the lighter out of my pocket. "Then maybe you could explain to me how the hell you got tied into doing all of this" He joked and I laughed nodding as I lit every candle.

"Oh, it's complicated trust me" I smiled looking up to him as he smiled back nodding. "We'll l would love to hear it, so let's get this over with" he smirked walking past me as I followed behind him.

I couldn't help but look at his shape. He was kind of built but not too much. Could see his back muscle through his white tee. He was kind of hot.

Harry left me all hot and bothered now i'm all tense and the drinks are getting to me.

I rolled my eyes following him outside and stopped the music quickly. As he put the cake on the table, we started singing happy birthday.

I smiled seeing Demi hug him smiling hard as she sung to him. Harry tried his best not to smile but, he failed miserably. I giggled so happy to witness this. Them.

Demi looked over to me and signalling for me to come closer. I froze up smiling a bit but, shook my head. I was fine being in the crowd and not on display with them. Plus it would raise questions, ones I didn't want to answer right now.

Demi insisted making people look over to me but, I still protested till she hurried over grabbing my wrist and pulling me over to him instantly. She held my hand in hers like it was nothing and went on singing to Harry.

"Happy Birthday to you" Everyone sung as I smiled joining back in. "Are you one, are you two..." That continued to twenty four and he blew out the candles as we cheered clapping. Harry looked over to us and smiled hugging Demi, kissing her head then came over to me kissing my cheek.

"Thank you, the both of you for doing this. I know I wasn't the happiest at first but, I am truly grateful to have you two" I smiled nodding and he pulled us both in for a hug as people continued cheering and the music started again.

******

I laughed seeing Demi dancing on Harry like she was a stripper near the pool as I cleaned up some of the cups and trash. Was it weird that I loved them together more than us three? I don't know just something about them together that warmed my heart. The way the looked at each other was beautiful.