Chapter 8

HARRY'S POV

"Hey! stop it" I say as I put on a fake annoyed look on my face.

"Sorry but it's fun messing with your hair." Kate laughs. She's been playing with my curls for about half an hour now but I can't help smiling at the sound of her laugh. She looks a lot happier now than she was after she found out about Kris.

It's been three weeks since I told her about Emma. It was a relief to be able to talk to someone about her again. It was easier for me to talk to Kate about Emma than it was to other people cause I knew that she understood what I've gone through.

I know that she misses Kris a lot. Everytime she hears someone mention Kris' name, an expression of pure sadness would cross her face but she would always try to hide it by putting on a smile. Kris is still in a coma but I know that Kate isn't gonna give up on her sister.

I break out of my thoughts as Kate gives me a light push

"Hello. Earth to Harry. Are you there?" she chuckles as she waves her hands in front of me.

"Oh, sorry. I was just thinking."

"About what?" She raised her eyebrows and gave me a questioning look.

"Nothing important. By the way, do you want to come with me to the airport tomorrow? The boys will be arriving at the afternoon." I say trying to change the subject.

She frowns a bit at what I say. Oh no, I forgot. If she goes tomorrow, it would also mean she'd have to see Zayn. I mentally do a facepalm. I shouldn't have asked her to go.

"Okay. Sure." I look at her, confused and shocked at the same time. Did she really want to go?

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Anyways, Dr. Jacobs already told me that I could leave the hospital tomorrow morning. I was planning on staying home all day but I miss the other guys. I want to see them again and quite frankly, it gets bit boring doing nothing all day but stay in bed." she smiled but I had a feeling that she was a bit hesitant.

I'm not sure if she wants to see Zayn tomorrow. It's been quite long since what happened between Kate and Zayn but I could tell that she still had feelings for him. I wish she would feel the same way for me. I was in love with her and each day that passes by that I spend with her, makes the thought of losing her to someone else more and more painful.

"Okay. I'll pick you up at your house tomorrow." She nods and gave a huge yawn.

"It's getting late, you should rest. I'll see you tomorrow." I start walking towards the door. Before I open the door, I turn to look at her.

"Goodnight Kate." I say with a big smile on my face.

"Goodnight Harry." She replies before closing her eyes and drifting off to sleep. I walk out the door thinking of the things that could possibly go wrong tomorrow.

KATE'S POV

"Sweetie, it's time to get up" I wake up at the sound of my mom's voice. I open my eyes feeling a bit groggy. My mom handed me clothes and helped stand up. I went to the bathroom and changed my clothes. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and was satisfied at what I saw.

Today was the day that the boys would be coming back. I'm not sure if I'm ready to see Zayn again. I don't know why I even said yes when Harry asked me if I wanted to go with him. I knew that seeing Zayn again would just bring back sad memories. I still loved him but I knew that feeling this way was pointless. I have to just move on and pretend that nothing ever happened.