15: Twisted Sentiment

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: Twisted Sentiment

"There must be poison in those fingertips of yours, 'cause I keep coming back again for more."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"McCall! Carson! Not you guys too!"

Pale and with sweat on their brows, both Scott and Luna shook their heads unconvincingly while Stiles shot an awkward thumbs up at the man to hopefully throw him off their trail. "No, Coach, we're good," Scott shouted back, shutting his eyes as he took a deep steadying breath.

Even his own voice was grating on his ears, and the potency of sickness and death was a stinging taste on his tongue. Both from himself, and the girl sitting nearby. 

Stiles frowned as he glanced over at his best friend, leaning across the aisle to get a better look at him, "Scott, you're bleeding again." His head whipped over to Luna to check her as well, peering at her shoulder where her black hoodie was doing well to cover up the same situation, but not enough to hide it from him. "You're both bleeding again. Don't tell me it's taking longer to heal, okay? Because I'm pretty sure that still bleeding means not healing. Like, at all."

Luna's gaze shifted to Scott's white shirt, eyeing the red stain slowly growing on the fabric.

"Why'd you wear white," She groaned, closing her eyes once again and trying to shift into a more comfortable position against the window. It didn't work. It just felt like there was a slab of unforgiving metal pressed against her side, but tried to relax anyway, mumbling, "Rookie mistake, Scotty. Rookie mistake."

"He's listening," Scott said, ignoring her jest and nodding in Ethan's direction.

All of the werewolves on the bus were agitated, all but one who seemed to be trying to keep his head down as best as he could to not garner any more negative attention. Out of everyone, he was the odd man out on the bus. The one they all wanted to hurt in some way or another, which made his choice of seating partner all the more anger-inducing.

Everyone loved Danny.

Stiles seemed to feel the same way, "Is he going to do something?" He asked, blatantly watching the boy in suspicion.

"He better not," Luna ground out through clenched teeth as she too peered over the seat, glaring daggers at the back of Ethan's head. Her voice was coloured with such uncharacteristic anger that both Stiles and Scott turned to her with furrowed eyebrows. Out of the three of them, she was never the one to be impulsive. Anger being the the first emotion she gravitated towards was also unusual.

"He won't," Scott said cautiously slow, his eyes still fixed on Luna. Stuck on the familiar lines of fury making itself visible in the way her shoulders tensed and her fists tightened. "Not in front of this many people."