twenty-nine

Lily woke up to her phone ringing, she reached over, her eyes still closed, and put the phone to her ear, "Hello?" 

"Hey!" It was Sarah, of course. Sarah had a habit of calling early, and, to Lily's dismay, she always woke her up.

"Oh hey!" Lily said, finally opening her eyes.

"Sorry, did I wake you again? My bad," Sarah chuckled, "So, it's the 'day of love' have you got any plans with Benny?"

Today was Valentine's day. Usually, Lily would stay inside and watch romantic movies whilst stuffing her face with chocolate, and, whilst she was at boarding school, her and her friends would laugh about how they would all be 'forever alone', but this year she actually had a boyfriend, so she would have to get out of bed at least.

"Well, he hasn't called so I'm not sure, we'll probably end up going to Ethan's or something," she shrugged although Sarah couldn't see.

"Oh right, well, have fun, I better go, sorry for calling you so early,"

"It's fine, at least now I won't be in bed all day," The girls both chuckled before they hung up the phone.

Lily stepped out of bed and smiled as she remembered she didn't have school.

Just after she finished getting ready, she heard someone knock at her front door, there was some conversation downstairs, before her mom called up to her, "Lily, there's someone at the door for you!"

She raced downstairs expecting to see Benny outside, but instead it was Rory, he smiled as he saw her.

"Hey Rory, what are you doing here?" she said, chuckling somewhat awkwardly.

"I come bearing a message from Benjamin Weir," he replied, as if he was some messenger in some sort of kingdom, "He says to meet him at his house for six, be there or be square," he smirked, before he started to walk away, he then turned around, "Oh and Ethan wants to know if you wanna play video games with us?"

Lily shrugged, "Sure, why not,"

--

Around 5, Ethan paused the game they were playing, "Well Lil, looks like you better get going, or you not gonna have any time to get ready,"

Lily groaned, "Can you at least tell me what he's planning? You know surprises aren't my thing,"

Ethan shook his head, "Nope,"

Lily sighed, "Fine, I'll see you guys later," she replied as she left Ethan's house.

After looking through her closet for something to wear, her phone started ringing, it was Sarah.

"Hey Sarah,"

"Hey Lil, so, uh, just calling to give you a message from Benny, he said you'd probably be freaking out about what to wear, so he told me to tell you to wear something casual,"

"Casual? Okay, got it," she said, hanging up the phone.

Twenty minutes later, she had curled her hair, touched up her makeup and picked her outfit – she had decided to wear some black ripped skinny jeans, a grey t-shirt, and her favourite denim jacket.

--

She arrived at Benny's just in time, and knocked on his door, slightly worried. They had both agreed on a price limit for their valentine's day presents, although Lily had gone slightly over it; she got him a card (obviously), and a new video game that he had been talking about for weeks.

When the door opened, Rory stood there, he was wearing a tuxedo and he had towel draped over his arm (like waiters usually do).

"Wait, Rory? What are you-"