twenty-six

Benny, Lily, Ethan, and Rory sat in Doug's van, watching him hunt down Sarah on his live episode of 'scare finder'.

"This episode is gonna be awesome!" Benny stated.

"This is bad," Lily said, worrying for Sarah.

"Hey, let's not say things we can't take back," Rory remarked, causing Lily to roll her eyes.

"This bloodsucker's dead! Again!" Doug said from the computer screen.

"We've gotta do something," Ethan remarked, "Lily can't you erase his memory or something?"

Lily shook her head, "I could try, but it might not work, I mean, I'm not that experienced, plus, if it didn't work, he could find out I'm a witch,"

Ethan nodded, "So what're we gonna do?"

"You don't think he would kill Sarah do you?" Benny said, watching the screen intently.

"Even if he doesn't, the whole word is gonna know she's a vampire, this town'll be crawling with guys like Doug, plus spooky government scientists,"

"Well, what do we do? Doug's our hero and I don't want to use my powers to rip his soul from his mortal form," Benny stated.

Rory nodded, "Yeah, good thing you're bad at magic,"

"Doug wants a show about vampires, we'll give him one,"

--

"This is by far the weakest fight preparation in the history of showdowns," Benny groaned, as Lily darkened his eyebrows using a black eyebrow pencil. Ethan had a plan for the group to dress up as vampires and werewolves to make the whole thing seem fake to Doug, Lily wasn't dressing up though, she was the 'makeup artist' according to Ethan. Benny was playing a vampire, so Lily applied some makeup to his face to make him look like one.

Ethan sighed from beside Lily, "We're not gonna fight Doug, we need to make him think he was wrong about what he saw, so we're gonna put on a show like something out of those Dusk novels," Lily finished Benny's makeup and gave him a quick peck on the lips before standing up, "There's Sarah," Ethan said, "Go get into position,"

--

As soon as Doug entered the warehouse, Benny and Lily made sure his weapons didn't work by putting a spell on them, they then ran back into position.

Ethan howled (since he was playing a werewolf) and walked towards Doug, "Holy cow! A werewolf!"

"You trespass human, on ground that is not yours!" Ethan said, in a voice that made Lily giggle.

Doug held down his weapon, "I'm tracking a vampire, your eternal foe!" .

"You track my forbidden girlfriend?"

"And my future vampire wife," Benny said, coming out from his hiding spot.

"Another vampire! Well at least it's a fair fight now," Doug remarked.

"I am fangstorm, the vampire, and if you have harmed my love I will totally... vampire you," Benny stated, in a low voice.

"Bonnie prefers me, Greg, the werewolf mechanic with a good heart," Ethan said, whilst Lily was trying to hold back her giggles.   

"I think I've stumbled, uh, hunted my way into a supernatural love triangle," Doug said to his camera.

"Bonnie and I have an arranged marriage!" Benny said, circling Ethan, who growled, "the tradition has lasted for like, a million years and... and it's really important!"

"No stop! Stop this madness!" Sarah said, running next to them in a crown and a pink blanket that Ethan had brought.

"Am I tracking a vampire princess? I would've thought vampire royalty would be better dressed," Doug stated, as Sarah scowled at him.

"I heard that you jerk!" she yelled, "Fangstorm, Greg, please don't make me choose between love, and the super important tradition of our people,"

Lily saw her mutter something to Ethan, but she couldn't hear what it was as she was too busy snickering at their costumes.

"I, fangstorm, challenge this dog, to a wicked spin kick fight!" Benny said, attempting to look intimidating.

"Dude, I'll throw you at him!" said Rory, who was stood next to Lily. Before Benny could object, Rory threw him at Ethan, and they both fell to the floor, Doug's eyes were wide.

They started to 'wrestle' as Sarah ran over to Doug, "I beg of you, please Mr Falconhawk, don't let them fight each other, you're the only human who can help,"

Doug walked forwards as he said, "Do I keep my hunters instincts in check and play peacemaker? Or do I bag myself a vampire and write my name in the history books? Yeah, I'll do that one," he got ready to shoot Sarah, who kicked him across the warehouse before he could do anything.

"Ethan, Benny!" Doug said, looking at Ethan and Benny in surprise, they both chuckled awkwardly as they realised they were on live TV.

--

"I'm sorry Doug but when you showed up we thought it would be awesome to be on TV!" Ethan reasoned, as they stood near Doug's van whilst he got ready to leave.

"I was live, I'm ruined! How could you do that to a guy? I just wanted to make a fan's day," Doug groaned, as he turned to face the teens.

"And maybe shoot a vampire," Sarah added, as Doug frowned.

"Yeah, maybe, on camera. Instead I get punked by a dusk convention," He handed Rory a duffel bag to put in his van.

"Sorry Doug, we just wanted-"

"I don't know why you wanted to destroy your own hero, just to get on TV," Doug said, as Ethan sighed and looked to the floor, "Dressing up as monsters, rigging my camera so that this girl would show up as a vampire... Kids weren't like this before NoobeyTube," Doug reached into his van, "Here you might as well keep these worthless things," Benny quickly removed his arm from around Lily's shoulders as Doug passed him some ghost tech and his blonde wig, Benny's eyes widened.

"You're all packed up Mr Falconhawk... Fresh latte in the cup holders," Rory said, stumbling slightly as he looked at Doug without his hair.

Doug shut the van before saying, "I think I need a rule number eleven: some scares just aren't worth finding,"

He left the teens and walked to the front of the van, as Ethan sighed, "Thanks for helping me and protecting Whitechapel's secret," Sarah said, "You did the right thing, kinda like a hero, Oh, and I'm never being 'Bonnie' again,"

"I'm sorry guys,"

"I can't talk right now, everything I ever believed in... was a wig," Benny groaned, as he glanced at the blonde wig in his hands, and Lily rubbed his shoulder.

Doug joined them again, he sighed, "Camper won't start, you're not a real mechanic, are you? Or was that part of the lie too?"

Ethan shook his head as Doug's voice shook, "Worst episode ever,"