eighteen

"Strike out?" Benny asked, as Ethan approached him after attempting to ask out Sarah.

"Chickened out," Ethan gloomily replied.

"That was my second guess," Benny grinned, "But don't worry, DJ Benny B's spinning mad spells all night long,"

"What're you talking about?"

"A simple concoction of your dad's cologne, some of our pheromones and the pee of some ticked off slugs," Benny answered, showing Ethan a cologne bottle with a Dusk sticker on it, "And wa-la! Love potion number Ben,"

"You can't always resort to-wait, how did you get my pheromones?" Ethan furrowed his eyebrows.

"Long story, anyway, this potion will help you win over Sarah, and me and Lily get over this little awkward phase we're going through," Benny smiled to himself.

"It would be a lot easier if you just told her how you felt," Ethan muttered as Rory joined them.

"Hey guys," he said, "What's that?" he asked, pointing to the bottle in Benny's hands.

"Love potion, you in or out?"

"Totally in," Rory grinned as Erica, Lily, and Sarah walked down the hallway towards them.

"Targets acquired, babes are in range," Benny smirked.

--

"You should just tell him how you feel," Sarah told Lily, as they walked through the school.

"I know, but what if he doesn't feel the same?" she sighed.

"Trust me, he does," Sarah chuckled, "Just tell him soon, okay?" Lily nodded.

Erica joined them as they approached the boys.

"Ladies, what do you say?" Rory asked, smirking at Erica.

"Drop dead geek?" Erica replied, the three laughed.

"Easy, babe, easy," Rory grinned.

"Hey, it's nothing personal I just don't hang out with dorks," Erica chuckled.

Benny shrugged, "We just wanted to see if you wanted to try a sample of this new dusk perfume," Erica stopped abruptly and ran back over to them, Lily and Sarah trailed behind, "It's supposed to make even undead people smell like flowers, and other girly stuff," he smiled at Lily, "Wanna try it?"

"Yes!" Erica smiled, excitedly, whilst Sarah tried to pull her away, "Please, just one little spritz!"

"Okay," Sarah rolled her eyes.

Benny passed the bottle to Erica, who sprayed some on her neck, causing Lily and Sarah, who were stood next to her, to also take in the smell.

Immediately, Erica ran over to Rory, Sarah ran over to Ethan and Lily ran over to Benny.

"Hey there, handsome," Lily smirked, her hand on Benny's arm. Benny couldn't get any words out, so instead he just grinned.

Lily leaned up and muttered in Benny's ear, "What do you say we finish what we started in the boy's bathroom?" she smirked and pulled him towards her, their lips smashing together. Rory and Ethan both stared at them, completely shocked.

"Ethan, stop paying attention to Lily!" Sarah whined, "You don't wanna make your girlfriend jealous!"

"G-Girlfriend?" Ethan stuttered as Sarah hugged him tight.

"Stop staring at them!" Erica said to Rory, "Or I might just have to show you how much of a better girlfriend I am," Rory couldn't wipe the smile off his face.

"Do you know what I love?" Lily said to Benny, who was staring at her dreamily, "All your striped shirts, they just scream 'I'm good at calculus'"

"He actually is good at calculus," Ethan stated.

"That is so hot," Lily replied, playing with Benny's hair.

"Your hair, is like the cutest hair I've ever seen on any boy ever!" Sarah squealed, still hugging Ethan, "Does your mom cut it?" Ethan nodded.

"I love your skinny little arms," Erica smiled, grabbing Rory's hands, "They're so cute."

As the bell went Lily groaned, "Oh no, I have to get to class, will you miss me?"

Benny eagerly nodded.

The three girls blew kisses to the boys before walking away.

"Oh, I almost forgot, here you go," Erica threw the perfume bottle to Benny, who dropped it, causing it to spill all over the floor, "Bye Rory," she added, blowing another kiss.

"What just happened?" Ethan asked after they left.

"I. Kissed. Lily." Benny grinned, "Not so awkward now, huh?"

--

"I just have one thing to say," Benny said, sitting on a small couch near the vending machines with Ethan and Rory.

"What's that?"

"I am a mega genius! I did it! I tapped the love centre of their brains and now they love us!"

"Dude!" Ethan smiled, "Lily kissed you!"

"I know! But don't worry, it'll happen to you two soon," Benny shrugged.

Ethan scoffed, "Pfft, I've kissed a girl before,"

"Yeah, so have I," Rory added.

"Ethan, cousins don't count!"

"I told you I didn't know!"

--

In class that day, Benny sat doodling in his book, until Lily waved at him through the window of the door. He waved back, a wide grin on his face. Lily kissed the window and smiled as Benny blew her a kiss in reply.

"Gahh, excuse me, miss Fine, can I go to the bathroom?" he asked, quickly glancing at Lily who was still making kissy faces through the window.

"No," Miss Fine snapped.

"Okay," Benny shrugged at Lily and she pouted, before blowing him a kiss and walking away.