*An announcement from Phan*

"Phil!" Dan called from the lounge, in that distinctive voice that he'd have perfected over years of living with the other tall man.

"What is it, Dan?" Phil asked, walking into their living room, hair messy and rubbing his eyes.

"You know how lots of our viewers write fanfic about us..." Dan began to explain but Phil interrupted him.

"Dan, I don't what to see another one of those!" Phil complained. "Even if it made you snort or roll your eyes... or worse, encouraged you to read it all the way through."

"That's not what I'm on about, just listen, you spork," Dan said and huffed annoyed.. "One of the fairly small writers are moving her some of her stories from Wattpad to Archive of Our Own. At least all the things she'll be writing related to fandoms, obviously the phandom included."

"I suspect that you're saying two different words and the latter spelled with ph?" Phil chuckled and got comfortable next to Dan on the sofa. "You know that I can't hear the difference, right?"

"Shut up," Dan muttered. "I don't even want to have to tell you this. She's the one making me say it because she thought it would be a clever way to announce that this compilation of one shots won't be continued on Wattpad and people should head over to AO3 and subscribe to her new account, @natigail on there for more," Dan continued, his voice monotone. He was exactly excited but he was committed to speak, as if it had been one of those sponsored gaming videos.

"Do you think we'll get paid for you doing this?" Phil asked and sipped his coffee.

"You know fan fiction writers don't really make any money on their writing," Dan said, his voice turning softer. Their audience was talented in many creative endeavours, such as creating beautiful artwork or writing enticing stories. He was honestly a bit honoured that he and Phil could inspire works like that, even if there was a specific genre of images and stories he tried his best to avoid.

"It's kind of bizarre that people make novel-length stories and just shares them with the community for free. It's incredible really. We do know where they're coming from though. They want to draw or write or edit simply because they love it, just like what brought us to make videos," Phil said, his voice equally soft to match Dan's.

"Even if she won't slap a discreet ad on this thing, I don't mind doing the promo for her. You'll be able to find the new endeavours of her fictitious versions of Phil and me on her AO3. She's also been posting little dabbles based on our embarrassing tweets on her tumblr @secretlywritingstories. There might even be some longer AUs coming to her AO3."

"I quite like those, especially the ones where I have magic," Phil smiled brightly. "I could just snap my fingers and I could bring my dead houseplants back to life."

Phil watched his hands with intensity and snapped them. That very second, over a dozen healthy and vibrant houseplants appeared around the lounge because after all, this was just a story.

"Dan, I did it!" Phil exclaimed happily.

"Phil, I can't breathe," Dan grunted and tried to shove aside the huge fern that had appeared in his lap. "That's it. I'm done. Go check out her new AO3 account if you want. Bye!"

"Have a pleasure reading," Phil chimed in.

"Really?" Dan snickered. "After she almost crushed me with a plant?"

"Books are amazing, published novels or fan fiction online. The effort from the authors are the same," Phil said, pointing a single finger at Dan.

"Fine, happy reading, or whatever."

***************

Alright, as you (hopefully) could gather, I'm planning to move all my fandom related writing over to AO3, which is short for Archive of Our Own. It's just got a much better search engine for fandoms and it's been the one I've turned to for the last couple of months when I've been looking to read fanfic. I'm not leaving Wattpad or anything, simply expanding a bit. As briefly mentioned above, I also have a tumblr account I only use to post my writing and the occasional inspirational quote (I have another one for shitposting, don't you worry). If you have a tumblr do stop by and scroll through the list of stories I have there, not all of them made it to Wattpad. I won't be continuing this compilation book but I'm not removing the one shots that are already here. I hope you don't mind.

The time I used Dan and Phil to make an announcement about my writing, fanfics and where I post them.

Dan: Phil!

Phil: What is it, Dan?

Dan: You know how lots of our viewers write fanfic about us...

Phil: Dan, I don't what to see another one of those! Even if it made you snort or roll your eyes... or worse, encouraged you to read it all the way through.

Dan: That's not what I'm on about. Just listen, you spork. One of the fairly small writers are moving her some of her stories from Wattpad to Archive of Our Own. At least all the things she'll be writing related to fandoms, obviously the phandom included.

Phil: I suspect that you're saying two different words and the latter spelled with P H? You know that I can't HEAR the difference, right?

Dan: Shut up. I don't even want to have to tell you this. She's the one making me say it because she thought it would be a clever way to announce that people should head over to AO3 and subscribe to her new account, username natigail, on there for more.

Phil: Do you think we'll get paid for you doing this?

Dan: You know fan fiction writers don't really make any money on their writing. Our audience is talented in many creative endeavours, such as creating beautiful artwork or writing enticing stories. You know I'm always honoured when we inspire works like that, even if I try my best to avoid a specific genre.

Phil: It's kind of bizarre that people make novel-length stories and just shares them with the community for free. It's incredible really. We do know where they're coming from though. They want to draw or write or edit simply because they love it, just like what brought us to make videos.

Dan: Even if she won't slap a discreet "ad" on this thing, I don't mind doing the promo for her. You'll be able to find the new stories of her fictitious versions of Phil and me on her AO3 as well as her writing tumblr @secretlywritingstories. There might even be some longer AUs coming to her AO3.

Phil: I quite like those, especially the ones where I have magic. I could just snap my fingers and I could bring my dead houseplants back to life.

*Phil stares at his hands and expectantly he snaps his fingers. That very second, over a dozen healthy and vibrant houseplants appear around the lounge.*

Phil: Dan, I did it!

Dan: Phil, I can't breathe. That's it. I'm done. Go check out her new AO3 account if you want. Bye!

Phil: Have a pleasure reading!

Dan: Really? After she nearly crushed me with a plant? It almost landed on my face!

Phil: Books are amazing, published novels or fan fiction online.

Dan: Fine, happy reading, or whatever.

**********

So I hope that wasn't too weird. I don't like the formatting here on Wattpad for my fandom related short stories and I've been using AO3 for reading a lot lately. You can read them on there even without an account. If you want to make sure you don't miss one, I would suggest following my writing tumblr @ secretlywritingstories and I'll still be posting on here but I've enjoyed posting on tumblr so much that I think Archive of our Own might also be a good place for select pieces of my writing. I won't post phanfics on here anymore but they'll be at my tumblr and my AO3 account. I hope you don't mind. Thanks to everyone who've read this though and I'll still keep the book on here, I just won't add to it. xx