chapter 25

~third person POV~

Demon

Worthless

Freaks

Unwanted

Burden

Killer

Murderer

Fox

Die

Devil child

No one loves you

Monster

Kill it

Beat it!

You killed my kid!

You killed my wife!

You killed

Kill

Kill

Kill!

Aimi stirred in her sleep, she kicked and turned before finally bolting up in cold sweat. She studied her surroundings that was in complete darkness and gave a shaky sigh, noticing that Sakura was still fast asleep.

'Another nightmare.' She thought. 'I haven't had one in months.'

"It's okay, kit." The Kyuubi reassured her as she tossed the covers from on top of her and slung her legs over the side of the futon. Her restlessness had woken him up. "Everything is going to be fine. Why don't you go sleep with Naruto?"

The redhead nodded slightly as she stood up and moved towards the door, pulling it open and heading towards Sasuke's and her brother's room.

"Nii-san." Aimi walked towards her older brother and lightly shook him. "Nii-san, wake up."

"Aimi-chan? Are you okay 'ttebayo?" Naruto asked, taking a sitting position on the bed and rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"I'm okay. Can I sleep here, nii-san?" Aimi asked shyly as she poked her fingers together.

He nodded as he moved away a little, allowing her to sit down next to him.

"What happened 'ttebayo?" Naruto wrapped his arms around his little sister in a warm, secure and comforting hug.

"I had a nightmare." The redhead couldn't help but whimper as the image of blood flashed in her mind, she could still hear their insults before Naruto's gentle voice pulled her back.

"What was it about?" Naruto started stroking her hair comfortingly.

Aimi just shook her head as tears leaked out, she pressed her head into Naruto's chest. Naruto realized she didn't want to talk about it and simply laid down, hugging her to his chest and stroking her hair, soothing Aimi to sleep. Naruto already had a pretty good idea of what his imouto's nightmare was about.