chapter 7: bringing Mizuki down part 1

~Aimi's POV~

"Iruka-sensei is tough but he's not against you." Mizuki told Naruto. I sat on the other side of Mizuki.

"Then why? Why only me?" Naruto asked and quickly looked at me.

"He wants you to be strong with all his heart, but that can not happen if he goes easy on you. He's like you guys. No parents."

"But... this time, I really wanted to graduate."

"Then I guess I'll have to tell you."

"Huh?"

"It's a secret, but I am gonna let you in on it."

"A secret?" Naruto questioned and looked at me, I nodded silently urging him. "Okay! Tell me!"

"There's another way to pass." Mizuki told him and I furrowed my eyebrows.

'No there isn't.'

"Really?! Naruto-nii can pass?! How?!" I asked, joining the conversation.

"There's a scroll kept by the Hokage. If you can learn one jutsu from it, you graduate."

"Really?" Naruto asked excitedly while I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah."

'So that's what you're after.' I thought, mentally smirking. 'You want the scroll of sealing.'

I saw Naruto glance at me and I nodded.

~short time skip~

~third person POV~

Naruto had stolen the scroll of sealing and was now heading towards the woods while his sister stayed in the Hokage's office. A little while after he left the third entered.

"Don't worry jii-jii, I got this." Aimi said.

"Why would Naruto...?"

"We're going to catch a traitor." She cut him off. "Tell the ANBU that Fox is taking care of it." She said and shunshined away.

Just then three ANBU members appeared in the Hokage's office.

"What should we do, Hokage-sama?" The Tiger masked ANBU asked and the Hokage sighed.

"I already have Fox on the job." He said and the ANBU bowed and left, knowing full well of Fox's skills.

~Aimi's POV~

I got to where Naruto was and saw him trying to do the shadow clone jutsu so I sat down. After a while he managed to do it perfectly, I smiled proudly. I was about to congratulate him, but I sensed someone coming our way, fast.

I jumped onto a tree branch and hid, masking my chakra. Naruto glanced at where I was with a questioning look. I shook my head. A few seconds later Iruka-sensei walked, or crept, up to Naruto.

"I've found you." Iruka-sensei growled.

Naruto jumped up, surprised and scratched the back of his head.

"You found me... I only learned one thing." Naruto told him sheepishly.

"Hey! You look all beaten up, what where you doing out here?"

He glanced at me, I nodded. "So, if I show you a technique from this scroll I pass, right?"

"Who told you that?"

"Mizuki-sensei told me about it and about this place too. He said that if I showed you this skill... I'd definitely graduate." Nii-san said and Iruka-sensei looked shocked.

Iruka-sensei shoved Naruto-nii away to be bombarded by kunais.

"Nice job finding the moron!" A voice rang out in the clearing.

"I see, so that's what's going on." Iruka-sensei muttered, voice laced with slight pain. Seeing Iruka-sensei in pain angered me for some reason, but I shouldn't interfere, not yet anyways.

Iruka-sensei looked up at Mizuki, who had two large shurikens strapped to his back.

"Naruto, give me the scroll!!" Mizuki orders my brother.

"Huh?! What?! What's going on here?! Hey?!" Naruto questions.

Iruka-sensei pulled out the kunai out of his leg, his body flinch with pain. He threw the weapon to the side as sweat dropped down his forehead.

"Naruto!! Whatever happens.. don't give him the scroll!!! That's a dangerous scroll that has forbidden ninjutsu written inside it. Mizuki used you.. to get his hands on it!!"

Nii-san glared at Mizuki.

"Naruto, there's no point in you having it, I'll tell you the truth."

"N-No!! don't!!" Iruka-sensei yelled, only to fall on deaf ears.

"12 years ago... you know about the fox being sealed, right? Since that day a special rule was created for this village."

"...a rule?"

"But this rule was never meant to be told to neither you nor your sister."

"Not to us? What is this rule?! Tell me!!" Naruto asked and Mizuki started laughing. "What... kind of rule?"

"The rule is that nobody is allowed to talk about the fact that you two are the nine-tailed demon fox."

"What? What do you mean?"

"Stop it!!" Iruka-sensei screamed out desperately.

"It means that you two are the nine-tailed demon fox that killed Iruka's parents and destroyed the village, you were sealed up by the Hokage you admire and.." Mizuki continued, ignoring Iruka.

"STOP IT!!"

"..you two have been lied to by everyone!! Didn't you find it odd how everyone hated you two? Iruka is the same!! He also hates you!!" Mizuki threw one of the shurikens at Naruto.

Naruto's eyes widened as he moves backwards, tripping over a root.

"GET DOWN!" Iruka-sensei shouted. In that second Iruka-sensei was a top of Naruto-nii with blood dropping from his mouth.

"Why...?"

"My.. my parents.. after they died there was nobody to compliment or acknowledge me.. I always acted like an idiot just to get people's attention since I wasn't good in things like learning and making homework it was better than being nothing, so I kept acting like an idiot. It was so painful." Iruka-sensei was crying now. "Naruto, you also must have been in a lot of pain. I'm sorry Naruto, if I only did a better job.. you wouldn't have to feel like this." Naruto crawled out from under Iruka-sensei and ran away so I did the most logical thing, I followed him, but still kept myself hidden.