Chapter 60 - Tartaros Arc Epilogue: That Is the Power of Life

Disclaimer: Hey guys! Firestorm40 here with a new chapter for you all. I do not own any of the characters except my own OCs. Fairy Tail belongs to Hiro Mashima.

Special thanks to the reviewers and to the readers who Fav/Alert this story, I really appreciate it. So without further ado, Enjoy!

----------------------

Somewhere...

"We were saved by the dragons..." Makarov spoke as he stood before the Lumen Histoire, head bowed almost in defeat. "I had not the courage...the courage to unleash Lumen Histoire...and now one of my children is crying."

"And that's okay." Mavis told him with a sad expression on her face. "That simply means...it was not yet time..."

----------------------

"Grandeeney!" Wendy exclaimed as she looked up at her adopted mother. With Face destroyed and the withdrawal of Acnologia, the remaining dragons huddled around the battered and bruised mages.

"Igneel and Pydron, together with the bravery of all of you, has driven Acnologia away." The sky dragon told them.

"So the dragons are our allies...damn, I feel like I can beat anything now!"

"Right?!" Droy and Jet grinned like fools. "With the dragons on our side we got nothing to be afraid of!"

"Did you break all of the Faces?" Max asked the dragons and got a couple of nodding heads in response.

"You did well trying to destroy Face, Wendy." Grandeeney praised her adopted child who wiped away a tear and admitted that Carla was beside her the entire time, giving her support.

"You've grown so much, Lexi." Mellow noticed as she lowered her gaze to the dragon slayer's level, her lips curved in a smile."Just like how imagined you would."

"M...M-Mother...!" Lexi replied, lips trembling and tears streaming down her face. Taking steps forward she ran to her, arms outstretched. "Mom!"

"That's my girl..." The dragon cooed, holding the girl tightly in a hug. Her scales were a sliver hue and felt leathery underneath her touch.

"As always, you've got that disgusting vile look in your eyes." Metalicana rumbled as he lowered his head to tease Gajeel. Up close and personal, this dragon was covered in silver, iron scales which gave him the impression of being covered by armor. He had cross-hatched scales which resembled chain mail between his underbelly, biceps and calves. On his back, his wings do not retract or fold but instead they jut out and were metallic in color. "Change that."

"Shut it!" Gajeel barked back, scowling at his dad for the words that he had hoped didn't come out of the dragon's mouth. "You have no right to tell me what I can and can't do you old man! And how can you greet me like that?!"

"I'm pretty sure I killed you..."

"I also am quite certain I saw you die, Skiadrum." Both Sting and Rogue glanced up at their dragon parents in confusion; the dragons themselves were intrigued by how well their sons had grown.

"We can alter human memories essentially at will." Weisslogia explained with a chuckle. He was a light-colored bearded dragon with feathery, angel-esque wings much like Grandeeney and two comparably small antlers protruded from the top of his head. Unlike his underbelly which was smooth, the majority of his body save for parts of his feathery face and his spine was covered with thick scales. "It's a simple thing for us to do."

"Igneel was against us doing so, though..." Skiadrum added as he licked his claws in a nonchalant manner. "Ultimately, what we intended to do was grant you dragon slayers both the memory of killing us and the results you would achieve had you actually done so." Rogue's adoptive parent was definitely unique but he was still a quadrupedal beast like his dragon comrades. Admist the constant stream of streams that surrounded him, he is covered in black scales.