Chapter 26 - Gloria

Disclaimer: Hey guys! Firestorm40 here with a new chapter for you all. I do not own any of the characters except my own. Fairy tail belongs to the rightful owner.

Special thanks to the reviewers and to the readers who Fav/Alert this story, I really appreciate it. As I said in the last chapter, this one will wrap up the GMG before we get to the Future Rouge fight. So without further ado, Enjoy!

(STRIKE BACK-Opening Theme)

-------------------------

Erza's battle...

"There's no way you can possibly defeat me with that injury." Minerva tutted as she watched Erza stand on shaky legs, putting as little weight as she could on her injured right leg.

"You never know unless you try." Erza replied, holding out her swords in an attack stance. "Prepare yourself."

"Humph, fine! You wanna play rough, I'll play rough with you!" Using her magic power, the Sabertooth member took a hold of the damaged limb and pulled it straight out from underneath her opponent.

"Argh!" Erza grunted as she landed with her back against the hard ground. Propping herself up onto her elbows she saw that her leg had been wrapped by Minerva's magic; the woman was taking advantage of her impairment...that sly bitch.

"Heh." Smirking and flicking her hands to the side, Minerva dragged her opponent across the ground before slamming the scarlet-head knight against the stone pillars...multiple stone pillars.

"AAAHH!" The mage screamed with pain as her back collided with the solitary structures. Blood trickled out of the corner of her mouth as she was slammed against the ground, her body trembling after being tossed around like a doll.

"This will be Titania's public execution." Minerva chuckled as she stared at her opponent with a smirk on her face. "C'mon Erza. Had enough yet?"

"N-No...not yet..." was the pained response.

"...you'll never learn..." Shaking her head to the side with mock pity, Minerva flicked her wrist, dragging Erza across the ground once again. Moving her hand to the side, she thrashed the Fairy Tail mage about without any rest in between. The Fairy Tail guild watched with horror at the screen, some had their hands clenched tightly into fists while others just covered their eyes, unable to watch anymore of the slow agonizing torture.

"Erza..."

"Erza/Erzie..." Kagura and Millianna both whispered her name as they watched Minerva toy with her prey. Finally deciding that she had enough playing around, the Sabertooth woman sent her opponent crashing into another stone pillar that hasn't been destroyed yet.

"Uuh...Uh..." Erza groaned as she fell to the ground with a thump, laying where she fell as her blood flowed from the cuts and bruises she received.

"Give up, Erza." Minerva told her as she removed her magic from the mage's leg and crossed her arms across her chest out of boredom. "You can't stand with that leg, let alone you probably can't even move...your body hurts right?" She asked with a nasty grin. "It hurts doesn't it? It fucking hurts doesn't it?!" She tilted her head back in laughter.

"You're right, it does hurt. But...I will stand even if it kills me." The scarlet-haired beauty pushed herself up until she was trembling on one knee. "As long as I'm fighting a battle that I mustn't lose...I'm ready to stand up as many times as it's needed."

"Such a pitiful attempt, just stop trying so hard." Minerva told her plainly, eyeing her cautiously. "You can't win."

"As I already told you, you provoked the last guild in the world into anger. I won't...lose to you!" Erza retorted as she planted both feet on the ground with confidence, her eyes narrowed dangerously.