Chapter 38 - Gray vs Doriate

Disclaimer: Hey guys! Firestorm40 here with a new chapter for you all. I do not own any of the characters except my own. Fairy Tail belongs to Hiro Mashima.

Special thanks to the reviewers and to the readers who Fav/Alert this story, I really appreciate it. So without further ado, Enjoy!

---------------------

Elsewhere in the village, Sora and Natsu yelped as they tripped and fell, their bodies returning to its normal size, "The hell?! Oh..I'm back to normal!" Sora exclaimed.

"Yeah me too!" Natsu nodded.

-----------------------

Not far away, Gray also experienced something similar. His body grew back in size as he stared at Doriarte, who was grinding his teeth in anger.

"GROOAAAAHHH!" Doriarte howled and lunged at Gray, striking at him in a flurry of enraged fists.

Gray blocked and grinned, "So is this what happens when you lose your cool and can't control your magic anymore? Typical...?!"

He ducked as Doriarte swung a massive punch due to his body suddenly swelling in size. The demon was morphing, changing shape until he appeared as a truly monstrous blue beast. It resembled a monster similar to Mira's Satan Soul take over, but it had thick tusks and small, talon-like feet.

Gray scrambled away and stared in shock, "You aren't just an average demon...this is...magic from the Book of Zeref?!"

While he was stunned, Doriarte lashed out and sent Gray flying with a powerful slap. The Ice Mage skidded to recover and glared at the demon, "That's some force...he's gotten a lot more agile too..."

The demon bared his fangs in a manner much to similar to Deliora's for Gray's liking. But more importantly, Doriarte lifted his head and let out a loud, peculiar roar. The sound wave echoed throughout the village and caused Gray to retrogress again, shrinking him back to his child form.

--------------------

"Oh...so Doriarte is still alive and kicking..." Minerva gleamed when both Fairy Tail mages and Exceed turned back into kids.

"Ha! I wouldn't be so sure that we're the only ones that turned into kids." Lexi smirked.

"AH! Even me!?" She looked as her large jacket slid off her child body with ease. "Has he gone completely mental?!"

"Well now, since we're all the right size now..." Lexi cracked her knuckles with delight. "I can repay you back for what you did."

-----------------------

"Just...what is this..." Lucy asked in a flustered manner as she kept one hand on her tank top and one over her shorts.

"We've become little..." Flare mused, her long hair was now tied into two braided tails.

"It's probably the result of someone's magic..." Wendy stated as she carried her shoes that were too big for her feet.

"Blondie...you're really cute..." Flare said with a slight blush on her cheeks.

"You too." Lucy replied.

"Are those words really coming out of their mouths..." Wendy sweat-dropped and frowned at their conversation.

-----------------------

Gray heard a trio of tiny voices land behind him, but he recognized the three exceed, "Happy! Carla! Lucas!"

"Just like that, I can't fly anymore," Happy muttered as he rubbed his sore head.

"What's more, you're tiny!" said an equally tiny Carla as she glanced at Gray, "And what happened to you?"