Chapter 41 - Sora vs Jackal

Disclaimer: Hey guys! Firestorm40 here with a new chapter for you all. I do not own any of the characters except my own. Fairy Tail belongs to Hiro Mashima.

Special thanks to the reviewers and to the readers who Fav/Alert this story, I really appreciate it. So without further ado, Enjoy!

---------------------

Tartaros HQ...

"Sorry for the trouble. Kyoka."

"Don't worry, Tempester." Kyoka spoke as she watched his development. Deep within the her secret lair she had a bunch of specimens captured and experimented on within glass containers. After his fight with Laxus, the lion demon scuttled back to headquarters and had Kyoka put him in a container so he could receive a new body.

"Is Tempester my name?" The demon asked as he glanced at her from inside the glass container. "But whenever I get a new body I forget my previous name. I don't need a name." He frowned for a minute as if he tried to figure out something on his mind. "How long will it take for me to regenerate?"

"Uhm...normally one day would be enough..." She responded with earnest. "...but this time I'm using another lot at the same time, so it will take a little longer."

"Another lot?" Tempester repeated with interest. "Someone else was wounded?"

"No, it's my child." Kyoka smiled as she glanced off to the side to another container which housed the body of what looked like a woman. "A new demon. Minerva. She is suited for Hades." The ex Sabertooth member silently floated within her own container and it looks as though the guild mark on her stomach changed once more.

"I hope she doesn't become a failure like Doriarte-san. Gehehee."

"Franmalth." Kyoka acknowledged as the demon approached them.

"How much did you spend on that? How much?" The armored demon chuckled. "Tempester's restoration isn't free either. You shouldn't use magic-killing particles so freely."

"Fairy Tail." Tempester growled the name with anger. "If they hadn't gotten in my way this wouldn't have happened."

"Fairy Tail?" Kyoka looked at him, hearing the name of the guild for the first time. However at that moment, Minerva's body trembled and twitched. When her eyes opened, they were completely white and she was thrashing around uncontrollably due to the name of the guild she loathed the most.

"Oh...she's reacting." Franmalth commented. "She must really hate their guts!"

"Is it that guild that beat the 6 demons and Grimoire?" Kyoka asked, mulling over an interesting thought before a grin started to stretch on her face. "Fairy Tail...uhuhuh...interesting. Are they going to resist us?"

---------------------

Back at the guild, Natsu had been pinned down by the lesser members of the guild in an effort to keep him from rampaging. Despite that, he still knocked out Droy in his rage, "Lemme go! I'm gonna kick your asses first if you don't let me go beat the shit out of Tartaros!"

Sora looked at Makarov, "One of our own got taken down. We can't just let something like that slide, Gramps."

"Calm down." Lexi told them, a frowning expression on her face. "To begin with, how are we supposed to move forward with this? We don't have much to work with." This calmed the duo down as they thought about it. "Of course, if Tartaros is going after the members of the council, we should try to focus on them then."

"I agree," Makarov replied, "We don't have enough intel so we can't rush in blindly."

"We neither know their objectives or location," Erza recalled, "Even the council was in the dark regarding Tartaros."