Chapter 19 - Fairy Tactician

Disclaimer: Hey guys! Firestorm40 here with a new chapter for you all. I do not own any of the characters except my own. Fairy Tail belongs to Hiro Mashima.

Special thanks to the reviewers as well as to the readers who Fav/Alert this story. I really appreciate it. So without further ado, Enjoy!

-----------------------

Arena...

"Show your weapons, magic and bonds with your comrades...a survival game where everyone participates...the Grand Magic Games starts now!" The audience roared as fireworks showered the skies, lighting it up with dazzling colors. "The battlefield will be the whole town of Crocus! The members of each guild are already scattered." The teams quickly huddled up to go over their strategies as Chapati continued. "You will run around the city...and when you meet an enemy a fight will start. If your enemy loses consciousness or is unable to fight, your guild automatically gets a point. Also, each guild will decide a leader. The other guilds don't know who the leader is. If you defeat the leader your guild will get 5 points. The max point you can get is basically 45. Anyone has a chance to win. Every team has different strategies. They can either separate or move together."

"Listen. We have to win." Erza spoke, not beating around the bush but went straight to the point. "To save Lucy."

"If Sora and the others manage to get Lucy back..." Juvia responded with a determined expression.

"That would be the best..." Gajeel nodded his head in agreement.

"But we have another reason to win.." Gray said.

"To make up for our guild that lost for 7 years..." Laxus smirked.

"Who will get the top of the glory!? The Games...start now!" Immediately the sound of the gong rang signaling the beginning of the last match- a free for all brawl.

"Let's go!" The Fairy tail mages nodded at one another, giving one last rallying cry.

"The last fight is about to go underway." Chapati commented as the audience cheered.

"As expected most teams separated." Yamaji added.

"Everyone, do your best!" Matoh cheered and clapped.

"Sabertooth has skilled fighters so they obviously separated." Chapati said as the screens showed Sting and Rogue going different ways. "Some fight in pairs. Some in groups of three."

"What's up, Rufus?" Orga asked when the man stopped moving, clearly bothered by something. Although Sting and Rogue parted, some of the members apparently stuck together for the time being.

"They're not moving." was the reply.

"What's this?!" Chapati and the audiences members murmured in confusion as one of the monitor screens zoomed in on one particular group that hadn't left their post yet. "All the members of Fairy tail...are standing still with their eyes closed!"

"What the hell are they doing!?" Makarov fumed as he angrily shook his fist at the monitor.

"What's going on?" Lisanna asked.

"No clue." Cana replied nonchalantly.

"First come first served!" Max yelled.

"Hurry up and get them!" Elfman yelled. Mavis however, watched silently.

"Fairy Tail's weird behavior is curious but...meanwhile someone has already met the enemy!" The announcer directed the crowd's attention to the Lamia Scale duo who nabbed a point followed by Blue Pegasus. "The points are changing! Fairy tail still isn't moving an inch!"