Chapter 29 - Nine Dragons

Disclaimer: Hey guys! Firestorm 40 here with a new chapter for you all. I do not own any of the characters except my own OCs. Fairy Tail belongs to Hiro Mashima.

Special thanks to the reviewers and to the readers who Fav/Alert this story, I really appreciate it. So without further ado, Enjoy!

------------------------

"Close the gates this instant!" Lucy shouted. "Don't let them open completely!"

Wendy blinked, "L-Lucy? Why are you against it all of a sudden?"

Arcadios stared at her uneasily, "What are you saying?"

'It's already been decided that she will close the gates.' Carla thought back to what Future Rouge had said, still unable to believe it, but finding a shred of truth in his words now, "Lucy, why?"

The gates to Eclipse opened completely with a grating stop.

Lucy shouted again, "Close them right now!"

Hisui stood in her path, "Not happening! This door is the only weapon we have to defeat the dragons! If we close it now, the world is doomed!"

"It's not the weapon you think it is!" Lucy argued, "It's just a portal that connects timelines!"

"Releasing that magic is the Eclipse Cannon!" Hisui shot back.

"I'm telling you you're wrong!" Lucy yelled.

Arcadios stepped up, "Remember..this is the princess you are speaking to. Tread lightly."

"That door is connected to four hundred years in the past!" Lucy shrieked.

Lexi frowned. 'Four hundred years...dragons...! Wait, but that's-! No! Lucy's right!'

Without a word, he lunged for the gates.

"Lexi! What are you-?!" Natsu's shout became a grunt as a shockwave burst from the gates.

Lily staggered, "What is this?! That was a violent tremor!"

"What's going on!?" Carla yelled.

The rumbling was so intense, that the mages that were stationed in Central Park could feel it.

Arcadios caught Hisui before she could fall, "Are you okay?!"

Hisui nodded, "I'm fine...But what was..?"

The soldiers stopped working. The courtyard became dead silent as a shadow appeared from inside the gates.

Wendy gasped, "Oh no...!" Natsu immediately placed himself between her and the gates, but even he was too shocked to do more than that.

Kiki's fur fluffed up, "N-no way..."

"We're goners!" Happy said.

Lucas stared up at the shadow with huge eyes, "Please tell me I'm dreaming..."

"Is this real...?" Lexi gaped.

"Ahh..." Lucy breathed in terror.

The shadow seemed to swell, then it came clear out of the Eclipse.

A titanic dragon stepped through and took a mighty, deep breath,"HAAHHHH....."

Hisui's eyes became as round as the full moon, "A dragon..just walked through that gate..!"

"GRRRAAAAHHHHHHH!"

Still shocked from terrified disbelief, the people surrounding the gate were sent flying by the tremendous bellow that ripped from the dragon's jaws. As they struggled to recover, the beast slammed it's front foot down on the ground and sent forth a shock wave that tore through the city, shredding anything in it's path.