"It's your fault for putting your foot in it," I told him. 

"Horses have to stop pooing," he said sounding like my six year old cousin.

"You are ridiculous," I said, slapping his back once. "You need to have a shower."

"Fine," he sighed. “What about breakfast?”

Damn it! I forgot again. “After you have a shower and besides, it’s almost time for lunch,” I smiled, “dad must be almost home so I’ll leave your clothes in the bedroom.”

He nodded and entered the bathroom. I turned around to go to the kitchen to have my late breakfast or in other words lunch. Then I noticed his towel on the radiator. I pulled it off the radiator and quickly returned to the bathroom to give it to him. Just then, the door opened and Eric came out wearing nothing but his trousers. I looked down at his chest for about two seconds then back at his face, feeling my face go a little pink.

“Um...here.” I quickly chucked it at him and walked away, blushing. I didn't know why I felt to embarrased. I've seen tons of guys that were shirtless. Eric couldn't be anymore different to them.

***

Early next morning, doctor Hartley called for another check up on Eric. He said he needed to check if Eric was getting his memory back and how long it would take for his memory to return. I just said yes and okay throughout the whole phone call. I wasn't really bothered to talk to him. He didn't seem like a proper doctor anyway.

"Eric, docs coming," I told him as I sat down on the table to have my breakfast.

I was trying to act like nothing every happened yesterday. But nothing really did happen. Eric was also acting completely normal but his acting was way better than mine because I start to stutter when he talks to me but I’m getting better at it. I wasn’t sure whether it was more embarrassing for me than him. I mean looking at him, he still acted the same.

"Oh...okay," he hesitated and then smiled.

"Is everything…alright?" I asked him.

"Yeah, why wouldn't it be?"

"No reason," I shrugged and carried on munching on my cereal.

It took me less than five minutes to finish my breakfast. I was a quick eater. Eric finished minutes after me and we both drank one glass of water, having a contest to see who drank all the water first and of course, I won. Just as we finished drinking the water, there was a soft knock on the door. I went to see who it was. It was Dr. Hartley, just as I guessed. I smiled at him kindly and he did the same to me.

"Good morning," I said to him.

"Good morning," he said, nodding once.

"Well, come inside," I said and made way for him to go through the door.

I showed him to the living room, where Eric was sitting. Eric stood up and shook hands with the doctor and they both greeted each other. Dr. Hartley turned to me again and opened his mouth to say something.

"Is it alright it you evacuate the room?" He asked me.

"Sure," I shrugged my shoulders and left the room.

I wonder why he never lets me have a look at the check up. It's not like Eric's going to be naked or anything. What goes on in there when I leave? Dr. Hartley had me suspicious and really curious. I’ll have to ask him to let me stay in the room the next time he comes over for the ‘check-up’.

Maybe I could just eavesdrop this one time just to have a little idea of what he does. I looked around to see if anyone was watching me and then placed my ear on the door. All I could here was muffling voices and a lot of ‘okay’. I tried to listen to more but it suddenly went quiet.