Brother and Sister Bond

Mark's POV
I was sat on the couch on my phone, scrolling through my social media. Amy was out with her friends and Azie and Kayden were sat on the floor. Kayden was on the Xbox whilst Azie was completing a jigsaw. Everything was quiet until...
"Hey Azie?" Kayden says.
"What?" Azie asked.
"Hey Azie!" Kayden says again.
"What?" Azie asked again.
"Hey Azie!" Kayden says for the third time.
"What?" Azie asks.
"Hey Azie!" Kayden says again.
"WHAT!" Azie shouts.
"Hey Azie!" Kayden says.
"WHAAAAT!" Azie asked, getting a little annoyed.
"Hey Azie!" Kayden says again.
Azie placed her hands on her face, making her eyes go droopy. Kayden kept repeating her name over and over again which annoyed Azie. I chuckled under my breath seeing Azie so annoyed. After Kayden had done this a million times, Azie stands up.
"I'm leaving, bye!" She says and leaves the room.
"Hey Azie?" Kayden shouts after her.
He shrugs his shoulders and continues playing the Xbox.
I shake my head and continued scrolling through my phone.

Later that day, I was cooking dinner for us all when Azie comes running through the kitchen holding a Nerf gun. She runs underneath the table and lies there, pointing the gun to the door. I stared at her and looked through the door. I was confused by what she was going but shrugged it off and continued with dinner. A few minutes later, Kayden comes running in holding a Nerf gun too. He looks around the kitchen and then at me. I point my head to the back door and he runs out and into the backyard. Azie then runs to the back door and points her gun towards Kayden who was searching through the bushes. Now bare in mind this girl is 3 years old and I thought she had no idea how to control that friggin Nerf gun, but she ends up shooting Kayden right in the butt with one of her bullets. Kayden yelps. He turns to see Azie and starts to run after her. Azie legs it out the kitchen and I hear her running upstairs laughing. Kayden soon follows her. I heard the sound of them laughing and guns firing and banging. I prayed they wouldn't break anything and continued with dinner.
When I had prepared dinner at the table, I walked into the living room to tell Amy that dinner was ready. I walked in to see her on her phone.
"Dinners ready." I say to her.
"Alright!" She says and stands up.
Before I could walk out the door, I felt a sharp pain at my crotch area. I hunched over and yelped in pain and fell to the ground. Amy looks at me confused before looking at the stairs. Azie and Kayden were stood there laughing, holding their Nerf guns. Amy folds her arms and stares at them both. They stopped laughing and ran into the kitchen. Amy laughs and crouches beside me.
"You alright?" She asked me.
I nod and slowly stood up.
"They're good aimers!" I say.
We both laugh and head into the kitchen.

It was Azie's bedtime and she would not go to bed. I ran around the house trying to catch her for the past 15 minutes. I've never been so exhausted in my life. I finally catch her and started making my way to her room. I lay her down in her bed and covered her up. But this girl was in fit of giggles.
"Shhh sleep child...sleeeeep!" I say and stroked my hand down her face.
She soon calms down and falls asleep. I breathe a sigh of relief and quietly left her room, closing the door behind me. I went downstairs to see Amy and Kayden sat on the couch together. I sat beside them.
"How are we going to tell Azie that I'm leaving tomorrow?" Kayden asked.
I sigh.
"I don't know yet, bud...but I'll think of something." I say.
He nods.
"Why don't you head to bed? You look tired. You've been playing with Azie all day!" Amy says.
He nods and stands up.
"Night!" He says as he leaves the room.
"Night sweetie!" Amy says.
"Night bud!" I say.
We hear him go upstairs and his door closing.
After a few hours, me and Amy head to bed.

It was time for Kayden to go home. He had packed his stuff and waiting in the living room for his Dad. He sat there quietly. Azie was at Nursery but Amy offered to pick her up so she should be back soon.
I hear the front door open and close. Azie comes running in with a piece of paper in her hand. She runs straight to Kayden and shows him it.
"Look Kaydie! I drew you and me with Chica!" She says.
Kayden takes it from her and smiles.
"That's really good, Azie!" Kayden says.
Azie then noticed Kaydens bags beside him. She gave him a confused look.
"Where you going?" She asked him.
He looks at her.
"Azie...Kayden's going home." I say.
She stares at me then back at Kayden.
"But this is home." She says.
I shake my head.
"No baby. This is our home...Kayden's home is with his Dad." I say.
"But...you're his Daddy, like you're my Daddy!" She says, tearing up.
I shake my head again.
"No baby girl...I'm only your Daddy, Kayden has a different one." I say.
We then hear a beep from outside. Amy looks out the then back at me and nods. I nod back. Kayden stands up and grabs his stuff and begins to walk out into the hallway. Amy opens the door.
"Don't leave me!" Azie shouts from the living room.
Kayden looks at her and opens his arms. Azie runs into them and starts to cry.
"I'll be back soon! I promise!" Kayden says to her.
"You promise?" Azie asked.
Kayden nods and holds out his pinky finger. Azie lifts hers up and they link them both together.
"Pinky promise!" He says.
The hug one last time and release. I pick Azie up whilst Kayden hugged Amy. I ruffle his hair and he walks out the door towards his Dads car. He gets in and the horn beeps as they drove off. We waved him off then went back inside. I kiss Azie's cheek and cuddled her.
"Don't worry, Azie! Kayden will come back soon!" I say.

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for not updating for about two weeks! I've been really busy with College and I've not had enough time to update any of my stories. But I'm on half term now so should be able to get back to my schedule. I don't know when I'll be updating my other stories. It depends if I have any ideas for them. But thank you for reading and I'll see you guys soon!! ❤️❤️