Eternal Camaraderie - IV

After searching for a memento, Calem and Shauna just decided to use the jar of dried mangoes. It was a fairly odd object, however, they tried their luck anyway.

Luckily, the jar of dried mango slices worked and they were transported to another one of Ash's memories where. We join Calem and Shauna as they sit in a bar observing Ash, Serena, Dawn and another man who seemed to be about the same age as Ash.

No One's POV

"So Ashy-boy, you guys are really going for it huh?" asked the man. Just by the way he was talking to Ash, Calem and Shauna could tell that he had known Ash for quite a long time.

Ash flinched because of the name which caused Serena to giggle a little.

"Yes Gary, we're going for it. Construction starts in a few months, it's a bit of a squeeze so we had to split the payment. With financing through, we'll be able to do it." said Ash as he gave Serena a small smile.

Serena smiled back at Ash. She seemed extremely excited about the whole thing.

"That's so wonderful. Having your dream house being built at such a wonderful site." said Dawn as she sighed dreamily.

Gary nodded before he spoke again.

"You guys had your wedding in front of that lighthouse all those years ago, didn't you?" he asked.

Ash, again, looked at Serena with a warm smile before replying.

"Yeah, we did. But that's not all that's special about it... we have a long history with that place." he finished.

"Well, it's good to have some good news at a get-together for once." Gary said while chuckling. He then continued.

"Congratulations to you two!"

"Thanks Gary." Ash replied with a genuine smile at his long time friend.

"Guys, I'll be right back. I'm going to get some fresh air." said Dawn as she stood up and left.

"M-me too." Serena quietly spoke as she followed Dawn outside.

Gary and Ash watched as their respective partners left the room. As soon as they got out of the bar, Gary turned to look at Ash.

"Well buddy, it's sure been a while." Gary said.

"Hasn't it? Who knew how hard it is to get across a few cities nowadays." replied Ash as he leaned back on the chair, making himself more comfortable.

Gary then looked back at the door through with the girls had left earlier.

"That Serena, still so quiet, huh?" he asked.

"Actually, she's been quite talkative at home, and with Dawn. I guess she's just not used to you." Ash replied.

Gary laughed a little before replying.

"So, I'm the bad guy here, huh?" he asked.

Ash chuckled as she shrugged his shoulders playfully.

A thought suddenly crossed Gary's mind. He had been meaning to ask Ash something for quite a while. Now that they were alone, he thought it was the perfect moment for it.

"Oh hey, so did you tell Serena that thing from back then?" asked Gary.

Ash looked at Gary in confusion at first as he didn't know what Gary was talking about due to the vagueness of the sentence. After a moment of thinking, he realised what it was, so he replied.

"I did..." he sighed.

"So... how did she take it?" asked Gary.

Ash folded his arms and looked up at the ceiling.