SPEAK WITHOUT ACCUSING

FALL 4:
SPEAK WITHOUT ACCUSING

"..... But let the lowly brother rejoice over his exaltation."
- James 1:9

Eloraine became so busy taking care of her father a year ago and sadly,  a month ago,  he kissed her goodbye so Michael decided to ease her burdens by inviting her to walk with him in the village near the palace.  Its been a while since they did it together. It happens on a summer day.

The prince used a commoner’s clothing and some accessories to hide his identity.

They see an old lady looking at a tree house.  Her hair is gray.  She looks too old than her true age.
"Eloraine,  have you ever seen that lady in front of the tree house?” Michael asks her.

“Yes.  I already saw her,  years ago.  She’s as beautiful as the sun.” Eloraine replied as she recalled something at the back of her mind.

“Do you know what happened to her?” The prince didn’t spilled all.  He just want her to think and later on, he will find out her reaction.

“I don’t know.  Is that a business that matters me?” She laughs. Seriously,  she doesn’t want to speak against any person.

She’s someone who likes praising people but it is against her will to make them down.

They talk about the lady as they see a bench near a shady tree.
‘Good,  the king had provide a bench here.’ The prince said within himself.

They sit there and the prince started the story.
“Her name is Hana..” He knew this because he was at the court hall when the case is going.

“Great name!” Eloraine commented.

“Its been two years when she killed her husband.” Michael was so amaze because not a thing in his face change as he begun to start a tragic scene.

“Don’t you want to state anything negative against that lady?” Michael asked.

Eloraine smiles as he notice the amazement in her companion’s face.
“I don’t want to..”

“Why?” He asked curiously. “Of all the people who heard this news,  you’re the only person who never state a thing.”

“Curious,  my dear?” She said sweetly.

“Deadly..”

“Everyone has their different opinion about the issue. They doesn’t know the root of everything but they keep on using sharp edges words against the accused. She doesn’t do wrong with others except for her late husband so we don’t have rights to tell foolish thing towards her.”

Her brave and intelligent words made a bucket of ice to spilled on his head. He smiled.

“How can you think that way?” He’s more than curious unlike before.

“People judging based on hearsay but we need facts to understand things. Hearsays and opinions biases the judgments. You can’t get righteous verdict if you keep on inserting thoughts against or pro to the accused.”

“Eloraine,  you know.. You’re brilliant.” He said.

“I know..” She closes her eyes and smiled.

“Are you interested with the verdict on her?” Michael asked.

“Sure..”

“You’re right.  She killed her husband by accident because he was about to kill their kids.”

“Oh,  that man is madly insane.” Eloraine commented.

“You’re right.”

“So killing her husband proves mother’s undying and unconditional love?” Eloraine sadly smiles.

“Yes.  It’s real.”

As they look at the tree house,  they saw three children.  A boy, maybe at the age of seven,  a girl,  estimated to be on her early three and a baby boy who caress her mother’s face.

This is mother’s love. A love expressed by the woman named Hana.

“Eloraine,  I have something to tell you..” This is the right time. She’s not judgmental. She’ll never make bad judgments.

“What’s that,  Michael?” She asked her curiously.

“I’m a prince..” Eloraine didn’t looks shock instead she laughs.

“Why are you laughing?” He asked disappointed.

“I know that you’re a prince.  I had deduced it years ago.”

“But why don’t you tell me?”

“I just want to hear it from you. Now,  Michael,  are you a full blooded prince of the Forbidden Land?” She raised her brows.

“Yes,  I am.  Sorry if I hide it from the wisest lady.”

“You don’t have to worry. Not a thought counts. It’s okay,  My prince Michael.” She laughs absent-mindedly and the nervous prince laughs with her.

He doesn’t have the idea that this will be the outcome of telling the truth to her.  It’s fulfilling and ecstatically great. He doesn’t know that this lady will just laugh at him whenever he told her.