Chapter 21

The kits were 2 weeks now. They would open there eyes soon. CreekStep was making sure to eat a lot and drink a lot. And of course rest. FireGlaze had been licking and cleaning his kits. CreekStep realized she needed to be active more to.

CreekStep put the kits in their own nests and let them rest while she let FireGlaze rest and she go hunting. She didn't know where the best spot to hunt was, so she kind of had to explore. She sniffed the air and opened her jaws. The only thing she could sense was herbs nearby. "Maybe I should go ask FireGlaze." She mumbled. She knew she shouldn't, since he would be sleeping by his kits by now. She wondered into the forest in search of food.

She could hear some scrambling of a mouse nearby. She crouched down and held her breath as it came closer to her. She focused on catching the mouse. It came close enough to pounce on. POUNCE! She had caught the mouse and it was scratching her neck furiously trying to get away. She but down hardly as the little innocent mouse calmed down under her paws. She didn't bite hard enough for blood to come out, just enough to suffocate it. She carried it over to a patch of grass and dug a hole to hide it from other predators. She would go hunt some more.

She had caught 3 mice, 1 squirrel, 2 birds. "That should last a little bit." She thought. She carried it back to the hollow. She noticed she was quit thirsty. She went to the river to drink.

She came back to the hollow and noticed FireGlaze waiting happily and excitingly. "What?" She asked. "The kits!" FireGlaze replied. "Umm. What happened to them?!" She smiled. "Their eyes opened!" He said. CreekStep ran to the kits to see their beautiful blue eyes. She started to look sad. She wanted to see this moment. "Can we have more kits one day?" She asked FireGlaze. "Of course baby!" He said smiling. CreekStep started crying. "I was waiting for this moment. It's the most exciting thing for kits." She said crying. "I know..." FireGlaze responded, licking the tears from her cheek.

Sorry this chapter is so short! I plan for a bigger one next! Plz give me ideas! Sorry haven't been active. Lots of school☹️Bye!!😜😝