Chapter 3 - 4 months

The kits were now 4 months old and they were eating breakfast in the grass with their mother. It was a sunny day and the grass was shining. The mother had been diagnosed greencough the day before so she sat in the shade while her kits ate in front of her in the sun about to play. When she finished eating she just watched her kits play. She didn't feel well so she took her kits back to the nest. She called BloomStep over and BloomStep asked her to come rest in the Medicine Room. She told told CreekKit and LeopardKit to stay in their nest and not leave until she came back.

A little bit after the kits had fallen asleep the medicine cat came back to them with a mouse to share. She said she would try to keep their mother alive. She also said she had a high temperature of 102. There was a harsh chance the mother would live. The kits filled their stomachs and prayed to StarClan she would live. Her brother, LeopardKit could not even get word out to StarClan because he was so sad...

The next morning when BloomStep walked in to the kits...

BloomStep walked in toward the kits nest. When she made a little mew it awoke the two kits. You could tell on her face she had a lot of sadness and disappointment. She couldn't get the full sentence out clearly but the clear words we heard were YOUR MOTHER IS DEAD! The kits didn't understand. There mother was not showing any signs of dying... now they did not have any parents. They got to see her in the medicine den. She even looked like she was in pain, DEAD. The kits ate their breakfast in disbelief. They had no parents...