The moment that changed everything

Start from the beginning

The whole school day was uneventful and I was nervous about the rehearsal; I did not see Enzo or Shawn. Nathalie also did not made my day a living hell; she did not spare me a second glance when I saw her in the halls; I doubted that this argument between us was over. I knew that she had more in store for me. However, I was happy that she gave me a break today; it was much needed. Back to Enzo; I still could not describe what was between the two of us.
The only time I saw him, was in the corridor. He wore a worn out jeans and a white shirt hidden under a jeans button up shirt. His outfit made him look handsome; I lowered my gaze and Aryan who stood next to me, nudged me into the shoulder, which made me look up. The moment my eyes moved up, they immediately met Enzo's dark brown ones. I nearly melted in a puddle of my mushiness. It was similar to the moment we shared in the audition hall. Was I really falling for him? I did not know back then that my real life just started. As I was feeling shy, I lowered my gaze and I felt my cheeks turn red.

My best friend just laughed at my reaction playfully and pulled me into a dark corner: "Jassy, you have to tell him that you have never been kissed before. I think that he should know. I mean, he will take it from you!" I stared at him in disbelief and remarked: "Yeah, sure. Aryan, I cannot tell him that. I mean, I am not like this!" Aryan responded me in a strict manner:
"You want your first kiss to be in front of so many other students, then do not share this. But if you tell him and maybe he will make it special for you. I think he is a nice boy. Although I still do not trust him!"
He was right somehow, I agreed and I decided to talk to the boy who messed with my head before rehearsal. Although it made me feel unsettled and I was so nervous. Did I really want to admit this to this boy? Moreover, it was hard for me to admit this to this boy; as I wanted to avoid him like the plague. Fate however, decided that this was not an option, and that it was important for us to perform in the play as our lives were about to be seamed together.

"Enzo, I wanted to ask you something! Actually, I have to tell you something!" I told him when he approached his locker. I made up my mind to wait there, as I knew that his class finished later than mine did. He seemed surprised to see me next to his locker; his eyes showed his astonishment. To my relief, Shawn was not there which made everything much easier. I did not want to tell him that in the presence of the boy I loathed.

"Jasmeet, what are you doing here? What do you want to ask me or tell me?" he asked me in a soft voice, barely audible. I was somehow not able to form a sentence, which resulted in the boy nudging me into the shoulder. I looked up and replied him persistently: "I cannot tell you here. It is too crowded here! It is a private issue, so let's go somewhere else!"
He raised his eyebrows, clearly wanting me to elaborate my statement, and I did not answered him; I just took his arm to pull him into the dark janitor room where no one could see us. I locked the door and decided not to put on the lights in order to conceal my embarrassment and my red cheeks. "Jasmeet, what are we doing here?" he asked me perplexed; clearly not comprehending what just happened and why I pulled him into a small room after telling him to keep his distance. Just then, I realized that he stood nearer than before and his scent seriously messed with my head. I tried to create as much distance as possible, by leaning into the closet and tried to compose myself by saying slowly: "Enzo, there is something I have to share with you! You know that we are now colleagues in this play!"

  He did not let me finish my sentence and interrupted me: "What does this have to do with the fact that you pulled me into this dark corner?" He was clueless, and I explained him hesitantly: "I did not want to do one thing in front of everybody!" "Which thing?" he interjected confused. I was once again speechless and could not answer him in a coherent sentence; as his proximity really affected me.
Then out of the sudden, a knowing look spread over his face; and he whispered into my ears, tickling me with his breath: "Jasmeet, I know why you are nervous. You will loose something or more precisely, you did not do this thing yet. This is the reason why you are so nervous!"
Now he confused me and I pretended not to understand him, although I had a suspicion: "Enzo, what do you mean? I have no clue what you are talking about!" The boy in front of me smirked at me and mouthed into my ears:
"Jasmeet, you have never been kissed? Is this right?" After he said this, he leaned backwards and examined my facial expression; looking content and happy that he was able to decode my . I never felt so embarassed like this before. I hid my face in embarrassment and denied this vehemently: "Enzo Morales, now you are fantasizing. This is not the thing; I wanted to share with you! It is something different!" My statement clearly seemed unconvincing and he disagreed with me; staring at me in an intensive manner:
"Jasmeet Hailee Kaur, I know that I am right. You are the type of girl who waits for their first kiss. It is not in your nature to share this thing with everyone and you are for sure someone who clearly does not want it to be it public! I observed you and I think that I know you in a way!"