Chapter Six

Chapter 6

We sat on the side of the hill resting.

                “That thing is so heavy,” George said for like the fourth time.

                “I told you this, but you didn’t listen to me,” I pointed out.

                George grunted. “Well I didn’t think it was going to be that heavy.”

                “I’m sorry my little weakling,” I sighed lying down on the grass and staring up at the sky. There were a few white clouds passing by quickly. “It’s such a pretty day.”

                “Yea, it is,” George said. He laid down on the grass next to me and let out a deep breath.

                “Tell me about Hogwarts,” I said watching more clouds pass by. The wind must be very strong up there. It would be so nice to go up there and fly.

                “What do you want to know?” he asked softly sounding like he was falling asleep.

                “Everything.”

                George let out a smile chuckle. “You will be there soon enough and then you can know everything. I will show you all the secret passageways, the best place to go at night, where to hide if Flitch is coming, everything.”

                “Of course what you have to show me all has something to do with breaking the rules.”

                “Would you like me any other way?”

                “No,” I said with a laugh.

                He let out a deep, calm sigh. I closed my eyes feeling relaxed. It had been such a long day and I was always doing something so I didn’t realized how tired I was. I could fall asleep right there.

When my eyes opened the sky was a mix of pink, orange, light purple, and yellow. I let out a sigh. I must have fallen asleep while laying there. Slowly, I sat up and stretched my knotted up arms and back from sleeping on the hard ground.

“Finally woke up?” I heard George’s voice behind me.

Looking over my shoulder I saw him still laying on the ground there looking up at me with a peaceful look on his face.

“I’m sorry,” I said softly. “I didn’t mean to fall asleep. You didn’t have to stay. How long was I asleep?”

He sat up next to me. “About two hours and don’t worry about it. I didn’t mind waiting, though our parents are probably wondering where we are.”

“Yea, good point,” I said getting to my feet. “We should get going. You can go home if you want.”

“No, I will help you go the rest of the way,” he said also getting up.

We each held one end of the trunk the rest of the way to my house. George also had Tidus because he insisted on it. When we got there my parents weren’t home yet. Dad had a late day I guessed and mom must have been running errands. We slipped off our shoes at the door (my mom would freak if she ever found a pair of shoes anywhere, but the entry way or a shoe rank in the closet). After that we went to my room and dropped the trunk on the floor.

“Finally,” George exclaimed clasping on my bed.

I laughed softly. “I thought you were a tough athlete.”