Chapter 7: Part 1"Colorblind"

Comenzar desde el principio

"Finally!" Michelle said as she got out the car and stretched out her body after the long journey they just had.

Taylor and Michelle walked to the trunk of the car and got their suitcases out. Taylor closed the trunk and locked the car. He and Michelle began to walk up the pathway to the cabin. Michelle looked around and was amazed at how rustic the outside of the cabin looked and was dying to see what it looked like inside. It felt to her like being in a different world, so far from the craziness of L.A. There was snow everywhere.

Taylor took out his keys and unlocked the front door to the cabin. He gestured for Michelle to go in first, which she did and he then followed in pursuit.

Michelle gasped in awe at the sight in front of her. The cabin was beautiful. The living room had a mountain-style open concept to it, and a stone fireplace surrounded the exterior of the wall.

Michelle dropped her bag and then walked around a bit to see the rest of the cabin. She loved the kitchen. The appliances were all modern and the countertops were all granite. The floor was ceramic and the sink was a farmhouse-style one, which Michelle thought was very cool.

Taylor watched Michelle with amazement. He saw how thrilled she looked.

Michelle turned her head to Taylor and smiled as she walked up to him. Taylor gave her a kiss on the lips and embraced her.

"So what you think of the cabin?"

"I absolutely love it!" Michelle replied excitedly. "It's perfect. How did you find it?" she asked.

"A friend of mine from Tulsa came up here once with his girlfriend and he suggested this place to me. It's remote and quiet which is exactly what we need...considering the fact we never get spend any quality time alone, just the two of us."

"I agree..." Michelle said to him.

She put her hands on both sides of his face and brought her forehead to his and they closed their eyes for a moment and basked in the sweetness of their intimacy.

After a few moments had passed, Taylor opened his eyes and looked at Michelle.

"What you say we go get settled in?" he said.

Michelle, with her forehead still locked with Taylor's, just whispered in return:

"Yeah, let's go see the bedroom...."

Taylor raised an eyebrow, intrigued and excited at what she was suggesting. The two grabbed their bags and Taylor held out one of his hands to Michelle, who took it. He lead them upstairs to the master bedroom.

On the wall up the stairs were framed pictures of the California desert. Michelle smiled as she glanced at them. They reminded her of home.

Taylor opened the door to the bedroom and turned on the light.

Michelle walked in, at first completely amazed by the sight in front of her.

The bedroom, like the rest of the cabin, was very rustic. The room was filled with natural light, and light brown washed-oak ceiling caps shown in the natural light. There was a stone fireplace near the windows. There was a king size bed in the center of the room. The bed's coverlet and pillowcases are Leontine Linens. There was a large square pillow on the settee. Above the ceiling where the bed was there was a beautiful chandelier. On the right side near the bed there was a nightstand where sat a beautiful craft table lamp. On the left side of the room near one of the windows there was a light brown victorian love seat that overlooked the view of the lake and mountains in the background. The bedroom was carpeted with a light tone of grey.