Chapter 2 - Part 1: "Dream Girl"

See you in my dreams
And you are so fair
I tried so hard to find you
But you were never there
You're my dream girl
And none can compare

     -"Dream Girl" (Hanson)

---

November 4, 2000ArgentinaNight 1

November 4, 2000
Argentina
Night 1

The last leg of the tour had proved to be more expensive than Stirling had anticipated. The shows had not gone well in Chile, and Stirling was not happy. The tour had been exhausting for all involved - but it had hit Zac worst of all. He and Taylor had had a huge fight in Chile, it had gotten so bad their father had to mediate. All Zac wanted to do was sleep, but instead, he had to be up early to do a radio show. He was not a happy camper that morning.

The guys had a long day ahead of them. After the radio interview, it was back to the hotel for some down time, then sound check, then a Meet and Greet before the show. Sometime during all this, Marit and Marion would be meeting them at the hotel. Their manager had gotten them a room in the same hotel as Hanson.

The three guys were sitting quietly in the back seat of their rental car, being driven by Stirling to a local radio station where they were to do an interview to help promote their shows that weekend.

Zac was in a foul mood and was not currently speaking to Taylor.

Isaac decided to break the awkward silence.

"I'm really stoked to see Marit today. I can't believe her agents are paying for them to come down here. Are you excited to see Marion?" he asked Zac.

Zac shrugged. "Yeah, I guess."

Taylor rolled his eyes, and Isaac sighed, shooting Taylor a look.

"Come on, Zac. We know you're tired, and mad at Tay, but let's just try to enjoy the rest of the tour okay? I mean, we're in Argenfreakintina! It's so cool, right? Before you know it, we'll be back in T-Town with nothing to do, as usual."

Zac just stared out the window. "Look, I wouldn't be mad at Tay if he wasn't such a dick sometimes."

Taylor rolled his eyes. "A dick? Really? Because I want you to pull your weight with the band? Stop being such a brat, Zac. Get over yourself and grow up."

The two glared at each other. Isaac sighed and ran his hands through his hair.

"Look guys, just cut it out, okay? This isn't helping. Let's just get through this interview. Then we can go back to the hotel and hang out with our girls and relax before the show."