Chapter 7: Part 1"Colorblind"

I am colorblind

I am colorblind

Coffee black and egg white

Pull me out from inside

I am ready

I am ready

I am ready

I am

     -"Colorblind" (Counting Crows)

---

Please note, this chapter contain rated R content.

January 2002

Green Mountains, VT

After weeks of dealing with the stress from the trouble Island Def Jam was giving them and Isaac's trip to the emergency room, Taylor was just thrilled to have a weekend getaway alone with Michelle to de-stress. Their demanding work schedules made it hard for them to have any quality alone time together. Also, Taylor sharing an apartment with his brothers was no help either. Considering the fact that the one time he and Michelle were about to have sex, Zac had rudely interrupted them.

Taylor figured the only way he and Michelle could have a weekend to themselves was for them to get out L.A. and not tell anybody including Ike and Zac where he and Michelle were going. Taylor kept a secret well and had not told Michelle where they were going, despite her begging him to. They had taken a flight and then rented a car. They were on the road, and Michelle figured he had to eventually tell her.

"So where exactly are we going?" Michelle asked Taylor, who was driving, yet again.

"You'll see when we get there." Taylor answered back with a coy smile upon his face.

Michelle just rolled her eyes and groaned in displeasure, staring out the window at the snow-lined streets.

"Come on Tay, you've got to give me a hint at least." Michelle exclaimed, giving Taylor the 'pouting look'.

Taylor just slightly laughed at Michelle's persistence to get him to spoil the planned surprise he had for her.

"No way! You're just going have to be patient and wait and see."

"I've been patient ever since we left L.A. Come on, please tell me?"

"You know, you can beg all you want, but I'm not going to budge." Taylor said, his voice triumphant.

Michelle groaned again. She hated surprises.

Michelle glared at Taylor and crossed her arms over her chest, feigning anger. Taylor laughed. He thought she looked really cute when she was pissed.

"How much longer until we finally reach our destination?" she asked finally.

"No too long," he answered back, winking at her.

After driving a few more miles, Taylor turned and drove up a gravel road that lead to a remote cabin. Taylor put the car in park.

"We're here," he announced.