Chapter 4 - Part 2: "What Christmas Means To Me"

December 2001

Tulsa International Airport

It was now past 5 p.m. Taylor was patiently waiting for Michelle. He was anxious to see her now. It had been two weeks since the last time he saw her and he couldn't wait to hold her in his arms again. After ten minutes of waiting, Taylor decided to go up to one of the front desks and ask one of the clerks the status of Michelle's flight, because she should have already landed, he figured.

"Excuse me, Ms.?"

The clerk, a middle-aged blonde woman stopped what she was doing and looked up at Taylor.

"Yes, sir, how can I help?" the clerk asked him.

"Flight 675, uh Los Angeles to Tulsa, can you tell me the status of it? My girlfriend is on that flight and according to her itinerary, she should been here by now."

"Sure, just give me one second and I'll check the status of it for you, sir."

The clerk typed in the information and looked over the search results that her computer just generated.

"According to this, the flight has already landed here in Tulsa. Perhaps she is still waiting for her bag at baggage claim? If you take a look around sir, you'll see it is fairly busy considering it's Christmas Eve. My advice would be to just phone her and let her know you're here."...She said in a bubbly voice.

Taylor just sighed in frustration, but thanked the woman for her help. He sat down in one of the chairs in the waiting area and took his phone out and was about to place another call until he heard a familiar voice calling out his name.

"Taylor! Taylor!"

Taylor turned his head to the direction where voice was coming from, and he saw it was Michelle who was waving one of her hands at him to get his attention. As soon he saw her, he smiled and got up, and began to walk towards her.

Michelle ran into Taylor's waiting arms and squealed in delight as he picked her up and twirled her around a bit.

The two young teenagers were oblivious to the stares they got from onlookers. The only thing that mattered was the bliss they felt being in each other's arms finally after two weeks of being apart.

"Mmmh, I missed you!" Michelle whispered into Taylor's ear as she had her arms wrapped around his neck and her legs around his waist as he continued to hold her.

"I've missed you too!" Taylor whispered back to her and gave her a quick kiss on the lips before setting her down.

They recollected themselves and Taylor helped Michelle with her luggage. He took her big suitcase while she took her purse and a small duffel bag. They began to walk out of the airport and into the parking lot where Taylor had parked the truck.

"So what took you so long to get here?" Taylor asked Michelle.

"Well, the landover in Houston. We ran into some snow on our way to Texas, which caused us to have to do an emergency landing in Houston. All flights were delayed until the storm somewhat cleared out which, luckily for me, only lasted about an hour. The total buzz killer was when I finally landed here, I got held at customs for a little while." Michelle told Taylor.

"Why?" Taylor asked. They are now in front of the back of his Dad's truck. Taylor opened the bed of the truck and placed all Michelle's luggage in there and locked it up.

"This bitchy old lady was taking her sweet ass time claiming her things, which held back the line. So you can only imagine not too many people were happy with her."