"What's your name?" He walked to stand next to me and peered out the window at the surrounding forest. I turned to my side to face him and gave him a pleading look.

"I just want to go home, back to my life." He closed his eyes as if my request pained him. "Please."

"What are you going to do when you get back? Tell your parents you were kidnapped but then set free? That a pack of wolves attacked your school? Huh?" He ran his fingers through his brown hair, and for some reason, I felt drawn toward him. I wanted to run up to him and- I mentally shook my head and closed my eyes.

"If you don't let me go I'm just going to run away." I threatened, earning a chuckle from Zane.

"Yeah right, like a human could outrun a wolf." I quirked a brow up.

"You're going to sick your dogs on me?" He sucked in a deep breath and looked towards the door which burst open and the boy who called Daniel off me earlier bust through sending me death glares.

"You know I should have just let Daniel kill you. Now he's dead because of you." He stopped right in front of me and held up a fist. I closed my eyes waiting for the impact but it never came.

"If you ever touch her again I won't hesitate to do the same thing to you as I did with Daniel," Zane growled and pushed him away.

"What's your deal man? Until just a few hours ago you were telling us to give no mercy, now you want to save a pathetic little human?" The man yelled.

"She's my mate!" Zane yelled causing both the man and me to widen our eyes. Mate? Is Zane Australian?

"No. That's not possible. She's-" Zane cut him off with a blow to the jaw.

"Get out before I throw you out of the pack." I took a step back from the boys and shifted uncomfortably.

"Pack? Look I don't know what kind of cult thing you guys are involved with but I just want to go back to my old life." The man laughed.

"Babe, your old life doesn't exist anymore."

"Don't call her that," Zane growled and pushed him out the door. I walked over to the couch and sat down, holding my head in my hands. "Hey," Zane sat next to me and put his hand on my shoulder, sending bolts of electricity through my body. I quickly stood up and looked at Zane.

"What was that?" Zane smiled and shrugged.

"I should probably get you home. It's getting late." I reached into my back pocket for my phone but it wasn't there. "Oh, here. Daniel took it," He reached into his pocket and handed it to me. "But I got it back." I took the phone from him and smiled.

"My knight in shining armor." I joked and turned it on. Three missed calls from Mom. I sighed and called her back. "One minute I have to call my mom back," I told him and waited for her to pick up.

"And where the hell are you?" She immediately responded. Part of me wanted her to ask if we were still going to see that movie tonight, or for her to be asking because she was worried and actually cared. But It's unhealthy to get your hopes up too often so I always expect the worst.

"I'm sorry I just got-" Zane furrowed his brows, probably expecting me to say kidnapped and tell her to come to save me, but I knew better if I wanted to survive. "Caught up with something. I'll be home soon." I fished.