Chapter 33

Another chapter that I have to cut into two parts, so the next chapter should be "short". I don't have it all written but only some of it so don't expect it to be released early.
________________________________________
Third person point of view-

The room extended far above their heads, stone pillars supporting the stone ceiling up above. Thorn covered vines wrapped around the stone arced rafters and around the pillars like a python beginning to constrict its prey. The room was massive and grand, the stone a bright grey on the walls and ceiling, and the floor lined with dark green carpet. To Drake, the walls had a familiar feeling of having magic embedded within its confines.
There were lights hanging down from the ceiling, bright chandeliers that had been enchanted by magic spells so that they never dimmed or extinguished. The aroma of dust once again flooded into their nostrils, but this time the particles were not as many as they were in those slim corridors. The doors closed behind them, shutting them away from the excruciating heat emitting from the room with the lava bubbling at its floors. It was a relief to feel the rush of cool air against their skin, despite that it was stale and took a few deep breaths to get used to.
Books filled the room as far as the eye could see, each one evenly spaced with the books facing towards them. In the center of the room was a spiral staircase that lead up to the second story, which was filled with more books and had railings to gaze over and watch the people below. Smaller rooms were off to the sides, the group not too focused on them to know what was held within them. What was a real eye catcher, was the the purple glowing, crystal prism that floated high above them in the center of the room. It was nearly able to reach the ceiling. Drake, Grayson, and Mia recalled another object of the same kind at the magic library. They did not know a name to call it by, but the ancient magi had referred to it as The Ender crystal.

"This place looks amazing!" Mia gasped in awe, her body spinning around to let her eyes take in it's full beauty.

"Look at all of these books!" The ex-commander was the next to marvel.

Drake gave out a soft chuckle, his hands in his pockets. "Yeah. It reminds me of the magic library."

He was not as excited to find this place as he had once been. He felt apathetic towards everything he was surrounded by, and even the hybrid himself knew that something was wrong. He used to love being surrounded by magic and the mysteries of it's arts. He used to love to explore and adventure the unknown, but now...it did not really feel anything. The knowledge that something was wrong brought a heavy pressure to his chest. Drake was just happy that he was able to feel...glad. Glad that Grayson had finally made it here to hatch the egg, but not so much for freeing himself from illness and eternal possession. He still had his doubts that he could truly be saved.

Grayson replied, looking over at his closest companion. "Do you suppose that the same people who built this place also made the structure for the magic library?"

Drake shrugged, his eyes continuing to scan the place. "I suppose. That's not a bad assumption. Really, it does seem very likely."

He walked over to the nearest bookcase to the right, reaching his hand out and sliding it across the wood. His eyes kept moving as if he was trying to take in detail on every speck of dust that he saw. Taking in so much detail had become somewhat of a habit since he usually did so whenever he tried to stop himself from having a panic attack. He removed his hand and looked down at the dust covering the white and faint red of his bandages.
His eyes looked up and scanned the spines of the books wedged between each other. Some were labeled while others were blank, it's content a mystery until one opened them to gaze inside. Some of the words were in a bright gold, others a faint golden green and with others, the letters were so faint that what they read was illegible. From what he could tell, each book was in some way connected to magic and magi.