Chapter 4

This chapter May by updated with more content in the future, but Mini4slayer , whom I put in charge of editing this chapter, currently doesn't have internet where she lives.
I hope you enjoy anyways!
——————————————————————————————————————————
Mia's point of view-

I woke up in Drake's study, my body warm from the covers, but my revealed skin was cold from the overnight weather. I sat up, stretching my arms and yawning as the white covers fell down to my waist. My stomach growled. I looked out of the glassless window, seeing that the sun was well above the horizon. I had slept in quite late. I guess I expected Drake to come wake me like yesterday, but of course, he didn't. Perhaps it was because I told him that it bothered me yesterday. Then again, I probably would have starting complaining again if he did wake me today. I rubbed my hands together and stood up, grabbing the blankets and throwing them off of me. The joints in my legs popped as I stretched them and stood.

  "Breakfast time!"

I got on my knees onto the cold stone floor, and opened my backpack. I searched through, finding an shinning red apple I had found yesterday on our way to that camp site. Drake put a preservative spell on it so it wouldn't rot before I had the chance to eat it. Magic is so fascinating. I took a bite and savered the taste as I chewed.
I opened my backpack up, and pulled out my green cape. I put it on, hoping that it would warm me up. Standing back up, I grabbed my backpack, swallowing the piece. Maybe he's talking care of Grayson? I shrugged. I walked up to the door, and opened it to leave.

  "Vines! He really needs to take care of that." I said, batting away the vines as I walked through them.

I really did enjoy being there. Having a bed I was comfortable in. An atmosphere that I wasn't scared of. People I trusted. I felt welcomed and accepted for who I am, not just because of my gender. It's awful trying to get a place to sleep, and either having to sleep outside in the cold, or in a place filled with sexual predators. The place where I met Drake and Grayson was the only local place I was alright with staying, but the people there still made me feel uncomfortable.
I took another bite of the apple, then put it back into my backpack, hoping that the spell Drake put on it wouldn't ware out. I turned to corner, into the room where the boys had slept. I saw Drake's nearly unmoving form sitting at the glassless window. His back and feet pressed against the sides of the hollow wall, keeping him from falling. His eyes were closed, and his head was tilted to the right. He looked asleep, but he had bags under his eyes as if he didn't get a good night's rest.
I looked over to the bed where Grayson still slept soundly. His shirt and jacket were back on, and his hat and cape were on the cabinet where I had left them last night. I looked back at the hybrid and walked closer.

  "Drake?" I whispered, trying to wake him incase he was asleep, and trying not to wake Grayson.

He shifted his head upright and opened his eyes, seeming tired. "Hmmm?" He hummed.

  "Um, good morning! Did I wake you up?"

He shook his head. "No, but I was starting to fall asleep. Grayson and I didn't really sleep that well."

I tilted my head. "Well, I know you have nightmares keeping you up, but what about Grayson?"

  "I kept waking him up by accident. I feel bad about it."

  "So you were talking in your sleep or something?" I asked.

He shook his head slightly. "He woke me up a few times last night." He chuckled and scratched the back of his neck. "He told me I was mumbling and, just freaking out in my sleep. It's a little embarrassing." His human cheek turned red through his pale skin.