Chapter 3

Mia's point of view is probably always going to be the shortest, on most occasions at least. I feel bad about it, but for some reason it's the hardest for me to write. Anyways, I hope you enjoy, and thank you for the support!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Luke's point of view-

Finally, I located a mercenary camp. The sun had gone down, the freezing weather caused them all to have to huddle at the fire. I squinted from seeing the sudden brightness from the flames. The navy blue flags were still up on the pole, waving in the wind. Blue tents were up as well, but I didn't know if anyone was inside of them. The camp was surrounded by logs stuck vertically into the ground, and the tips were carved to a point.

"Finally." I said to myself.

I didn't know what I was going say. I've had all day to think it up, but when the time came to it, my mind was drawing blanks. Something in my head just told me that this was a waste of time. I should be out there looking for that hybrid myself, and not relying on half-wits to help with my job. I reconsidering my decision to come here, but when I snapped out of my thoughts, I was already in the camp. The men looked at me, with confused expressions. One of them stood up and walked towards me.

"Lucas? Is that you?" He said, tilting his head.

I recognized the voice. Oh no. This guy has been on my case ever since I failed to kill Grayson at the river. His name was Henry. The captain of the entire squad. He always made little temporary captains and set them out without his supervision. Ignorant.

I sighed. I'm going to hate this. "Yes, Henry. And just call me Luke." The emperor is the only one I tolerate calling me by my full name.

He came up to me, and put his hand on his hip, giving me a smug smile. "So what brings you here? Run out of supplies already?"

Why do most of these people have that cocky way of speaking? A tone in their voice that they use to hid the fact that they're mocking you.

"Can't find the hybrid? That's a shame." He said, with irony in his voice.

"No! I did find him, I just..." What am I doing here really? I'm just making myself sound like I'm terrible at my job. I look like a fool right now.

"You lost him, didn't you?" Henry laughed, and went around me, throwing his arm over my injured shoulder. I yelped and rubbed it as he began leading me closer to his team.

"I sent out Clark over here, earlier with three other men." He gestured to a young Brunette, with bandages on his arm.

"They found the elf and the hybrid, and he was the only one that made it back. Even the captain I assigned to keep them in check was killed."

My body tensed up about what I thought he had said at the first half. Did he say what I think he said?

"The hybrid's with the female elf?"

"Yeah. Clark's team almost caught the b**ch, but the hybrid came along and they wiped out the squad."

Great. Another hindrance in my mission. I don't want to have to kill a woman if I haven't been ordered to kill, even if she is a criminal. But I suppose if it comes to it, I might have to bring myself to take her out. I can't let anything stop me. For my own sake, and the reward I'll receive.

"A-anyways." I was getting nervous. "I, um.." I scratched the back of my head.

He hit me on my back again with his arm; his fist once again hitting my bad shoulder.

"Ow! Stop that!" I rubbed it as a glared at him. He just chuckled at me.

"Anyways, uh...Where did you find the hybrid? What direction did he go?"