Chapter 19

If there are any mistakes, I apologize. I tend to do that a lot.
Please enjoy!
______________________________________________________
Drake's point of view-

I could hear the crackling of fire, and smell the ash lingering in the air. Every part of my body was burning from the outside, covering itself in sweat. My muscles were aching, making me feel like I couldn't move. My eyes finally snapped open, finding myself in a scene that I was too familiar with. And despised with all of my being.

"I'm so sick of this!"

For the hundredth time replying in my mind, Armen charged at Herobrine, brandishing the Fiery sword at the demon. I didn't run to the edge when he fell.. I just stood there, feeling too weak physically, and emotionally....I wasn't really feeling anything. No sorrow or worry for my best friend... Nothing.
I growled as I grabbed my head with my right hand, a splitting headache thumping within my head. I closed my eyes and grinded my teeth as the atmosphere changed, but everything still burned. My eyes opened once more, looking around at the volcano as lightning crashed inside of it, striking Armen's body. His life force was slipping... It's sick how I've grown used to it.

"Drake, help!!"

I don't remember that... Armen never spoke when he died. It doesn't matter anyway. It's not like this is actually real. I've caught on to these sick illusions, but much too late. I feel so numb. I feel no sympathy, but I should. I know that I should, he's my brother! No...it's not him. Has it ever been? I closed my eyes, looking down. I couldn't save him from this, but perhaps where he is now is better than this messed up world.

"Drake, look up! I wanted you to forget about me, but I need your help! I-"

I looked up, the room now complete darkness. The only light source we had was my glowing eye and Armen's glowing body. He took a step forward, reaching out his hand. Anger fired up within my being. I took a step back as I growled.

"No! Stay back!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.

His cyan eyes looked hurt. His arm slowly lowered as his mouth hung open. My shaking hand lowered to the handle of my blade. No more tricks. I pulled out my sword, growling deeply as I glared at him. No more being played a fool.

"Drake, why are you-?" He stepped back, seemingly full of fear.

I screamed as I charged at him, readying to hit him and make the illusion fade. I looked into his fear stricken eyes as I held out my blade, only to faze right through him. I fell onto the ground, listening as the diamond of the blade hit the floor and I landed on my knees.
My head sharply turned back to face him, my spine cracking. He was still standing there, his back now facing me. I felt myself smiling, chuckling in pleasure of breaking free from Herobrine's illusions. That's the last time he tricks me.
His head was slowly beginning to look over his shoulder to look down at me. My smile faded, seeing glowing tears begin to slip from under his eyelids and roll down his cheeks. His body was trembling, as he slowly turned for his whole body to face me.

"You...you tried to..." His voice shook, as he stepped back again.

His eyes became wide. "You're eyes... Drake, he's getting to you! Don't-"

I started laughing, feeling unable to keep myself from doing so. "Shut up! You're not real! You're fake! Fake! Fake! Fake! Fake! Fake! Get away from me!"

I lunged at him, wielding my blade to strike him. He's not my friend! He's not my brother! The diamond once again went straight through him, as well as my own body. I fell, and rolled on the ground. Why won't he leave? Leave! Leave! Leave!

"Give it up Herobrine! You're not fooling me anymore!" I shouted as I pushed myself to my knees.

"Drake, I understand why you're feeling like this, but please trust me! Herobrine-"