50. Valentine's Day Date [B.A.]

Start bij het begin

"Nothing." I said, turning back to face him. "It's nothing. I should head out too."

"Head out where?" Barry questioned. "Today's your day off."

I stood up, walking towards the case with our mannequins where are suits were displayed. "Patrol," I answered, inspecting my dark blue suit. Cisco had patched it up from my last battle perfectly.

"Okay, we can do that," Barry offered from behind me. Before I had time to answer, he was
standing in front of me, dressed in his Flash suit.

"By myself," I said, waving him off. "You have training with Wally."

"Oh yeah," Barry sighed, his face falling. "Okay. Be safe, Y/N."

"I'm always fine on my own," I shrugged, reaching for the jacket off of my mannequin. "I just need to punch something. I'll see you tomorrow for our date."

Barry watched me, nodding with slight amusement as I gathered my suit together to go change. "That's my girl," he chuckled lightly, "See you tomorrow, Y/N." He pecked my cheek, before letting me walk off.

At noon on Valentine's Day I'd gotten a text from Barry saying I needed to call him right away about something urgent. I had panicked, wondering what in the world it could be. A metahuman attack? Was someone kidnapped? Hurt? Worse? The possibilities of horrific things that could've happened during my morning at work were endless in this city.

When I finally called him, demanding to know what happened, he just laughed. Then he told us he booked us dinner for some fancy restaurant, something I told him to definitely not worry about.

Now here I was, draped in the pretty dress I owned and headed for my first date with Barry Allen. I told him not to bother "picking" me up, which just involved him literally picking me up and running me to our destination. Which, not surprisingly, was not good for curled hair or pretty dresses. So I opted for driving myself to dinner.

All night and day I couldn't stop thinking about Iris' words about their first date. And that wasn't even Valentine's Day. Besides that date, she was also right about the fact that Barry waited forever for her. He was in love with her, and she broke him. She clearly wasn't over him now - so how could he be over her?

My hands grasped the steering wheel until my knuckles turned white, thinking of everything between Iris and Barry.

As soon as I parked, my door was opened by none other than Barry himself. I blinked in surprise, before offering him my hand and getting out of the car.

"You look stunning," Barry breathed, eyeing me up and down. "I'm sorry I told you about the plans last minute, by the way. Surprise." He grinned at me. If he wasn't so adorable, I wouldn't have smiled back.

"You really didn't need to do this," I answered, following him to the front of the building.

"I kind of did," he sighed, but laughed weakly. I could only guess what he meant. Did he feel bad that he'd done so much for Iris on their first date and hadn't planned much for Valentine's Day with me? "Iris said-"

"I don't care about that, Barry," I cut him off, not wanting to hear him say her name tonight. But I guess I was right. And it was true, I didn't care if he went all out for her. That was the past. I didn't need a million flowers and a fancy dinner to know Barry cared - I just wished Iris didn't go from my friend to trying to make me feel jealous or insecure all of the time. "I'm just happy to be here with you."