Chapter 13 Fingers Crossed✔

7 yrs later. The twins are 20

Elliott's POV

"Congratulations class of 2024!"

The students bombed with cheers and threw their caps into the air.

I threw mine, turned to the side, and embrace my twin sister in a long hug.

We both entered an advance program and we graduated early.

It was hard but totally worth it.

El and I decided to be dancers. And we are great partners.

After our fight with leukemia, we needed a way to express ourselves and when mom took us to a dance studio, it helped us a lot.

"We did it!" I screamed releasing El.

"Together!" she completed.

We all rush outside with our diplomas and try to find mom with all this chaos.

"Guys!" we hear behind us.

We turn and see our mom waving at us with tears in her eyes. She had the same face when we graduated highschool.

"Im so proud of you" she said hugging and kissing us both.

"Thanks mom" we both said.

We just talked about future jobs as we got into her car and drove home.

3 yrs later.

Ellie's POV

I shook my head, arms, hands, feet, and legs. Basically every part of my body.

Im standing backstage in my costume and see my brother backstage across from me doing the same thing.

We are about to perform a beauty and the beast lyrical dance. I'm nervous to hit all my gymnastics tricks, acro, and technique. Meanwhile, Elliott's nervous that he'll drop me again.

During rehearsal yesterday, we did a lift in the middle of our dance, I guess he was scared or something because as soon as I leaned back I hit the ground and hurt my head.

I told him not to worry about it but he felt really bad.

I hear the announcer call our routine and I give Elliott a heart sign and mouth 'I love you'. He did the same thing.

We stepped out on stage and got into our positions.

May god and our parents be with us. Just like they were when we were kidnapped, diagnosed, and when we decided to peruse this dream.

I just need to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Thx a lot for reading.