Chapter 3 Mom?✔

1 month later

Jack's POV

I am freaking out. I haven't found the twins yet and as more time passes their chances of survival are decreasing.

In in my computer trying to track down Ellie's phone. I can't call the police cause their kidnapper threatened to kill the twins if I did.

A few minutes later Carolinda walks into the room.

"What are you doing?" she asked me.

"In trying to track down Ellie's phone to see if I can get a location" I said.

"Ugh the twins. Its always them" she said. Ok that just made me mad.

"Watch what you're saying. They are my kids and if course I'm gonna be worried that I haven't seen them in a month and someone has them!" I said raising my voice.

"Jack don't you think we are better of without them? I mean they don't matter anyways and they aren't even mine" Ok that's it!

"What is wrong with you? How could you say that!?"

"Because it's true" she said.

"You know what Carolinda? Its been a while since your attitude has been like this. Maybe we weren't meant to be" I said.

"Yeah maybe we aren't. Im gonna pack my bags. Expect a letter requesting a divorce" she said laughing and going to the room to pack.

"Oh I'll be waiting impatiently for it!" I yelled as she went up the stairs.

I don't know what got into her but I guess she changed over time. She seemed very fond of the twins and now she treats them like dirt since they have disappeared.

I guess it was all an act. And if Im honest with myself my feelings for her have faded over time. Sometimes I really miss Ellie.

Right now my focus is the twins. As I get back to my computer Carolinda comes downstairs with her suitcase and goes to the door without glancing at me.

Before she opens the door Ashley comes in.

"Hey any news on them?" she asked.

Carolinda just went passed her and closed the door behind her.

"Yikes. What got into her? Is it that time of month again?" she asked.

I laughed softly.

"No it's not that" I told her.

"Then what is it?" she asked.

"Sit down" I said patting the chair next to me.

Elliott's POV

I feel so weak. Ellie and I have barely eaten anything this past month. Im pretty sure we are under weight.

We have scars and bruises from when the kidnapper would throw stuff at us just for fun. Freaking sadist!

Right now El and I are still in the dark room. There's a bed and we aren't tied to each other  back to back anymore. The only thing connecting us is a chain on my left foot and Ellie's right foot.

We have been trying to escape by trying to make a hole in the walls of what looks like a closet.

"Do you really think dad will come? Its been a month" El said jabbing an old nail into the wall

"Well maybe Blake threatened dad about calling the cops or something. But don't worry I'm sure he's doing the best he can" I said taking her hand.

Suddenly we hear footsteps. We go to the bed and sit down pretending to just be talking.