Chapter 1 The Phone Call✔

Ellie's POV

I'm in the front seat of the car with my dad and my twin brother Elliott in the back seat. My mom is at work and my dad doesn't have hockey practice for this week.

Me and Elliott are in the 8th grade. And as dad drives us to school we normally ask him questions about mom. Our birth mom. We were young when she died so we usually ask dad about her. Today is no different.

"And what was her favorite drink?" Elliott asked. I swear he asks the most random questions.

"I think it was Big Red" my dad answered.

"What was her favorite thing to do? You now, besides rhythmic gymnastics" I asked.

"Well your mom really liked to ride horses. That's why I took her horseback riding the day I proposed" dad answered.

"Well were here guys" dad said unlocking the doors.

"Bye dad" me and Elliott said.

As we walked to school Elliott asked me a question.

"Hey El, you don't think were sick do you?" he asked. What?

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"I mean mom died of leukemia, what if we have it?" he said.

"Elliott were ok. Dad takes us for check ups every 2 months and they haven't found anything" I said.

"Yeah your right" he said.

Our best friend Max Reynolds then came up to us.

"Hello Malloy twins" he said.

"What up Reynolds" we both said. "Ok stop. Not now. Quit it. Shut up. Stop talking!" we both said. I hate it when this happens. We both say the same things. We don't even plan this, it just happens!

"Anyways you both want to come to the soccer game tonight?" he asked. Me and Elliott looked at each other. We both read each other's mind so he answered.

"We will have to ask our parents first but we would love to go. Ill text you" he said.

Suddenly my phone rings. Its a private number. I decide to answer anyway.

"Hello" I say.

"Hi Ellie, how are you and Elliott? Hope not too bad cause I have something planned for you guys" the voice said. That's weird.

"I'll be right back" I say covering the phone. Elliott looks at me worried. He knows I'm scared.

I just walk to a tree a few yards from them.

"Look I don't know who you are but leave me and my brother alone" I said.

"I can't do that. Don't worry this isn't the last you'll hear of me" he said and hung up.

"El?" I heard behind me.

Elliott's POV

I knew Ellie was scared. I don't know how but I felt it. I followed her.

"Look I don't know who you are but leave me and my brother alone" I heard her say.

I don't now what the person on the phone said but they hung up.

"El?" I said.

She turned around.

"Hey Elliott" she said putting her phone away.

"Who was that?" I asked her.

"No one. Come one we are gonna be late to class" she said trying to walk away. I grabbed her hand and made her turn around.

"Ellie, no one knows you better than me and we both know you feel scared. What's up?" I asked her.

She took a deep breath.

"This person I don't know who somehow knows me and you says that he has something planned for us and that we are gonna be hearing more of him" she told me.

Now I get why she's scared.

"Hey its gonna be ok" I said hugging her.

"But what if he's not lying?" she asked.

"Look lets just drop this. If it gets serious we can just tell mom and dad" I told her.

"Ok" she said.

We went to school which went by fast. Ellie and I are waiting for dad when my phone rings. I answer.

"Hello" I say.

"Elliott I spoke to your sister earlier" he said.

"Leave her alone and leave me alone" I said.

He just hung up.

"Elliott who was that?" Ellie asked.

"Ellie I think it was the same person that called you this morning" I said.

"What? We need to tell dad" she said

"Look maybe its just some one trying to prank us" I said.

We just looked at each other and kinda read our minds. We decided to let this go and see what happens.

When our dad arrived I sat in the front seat and Ellie sat in the back.

"Hey dad Max invited us to a soccer game tonight can we go?" El asked.

"I'll ask your mom" dad said.

The rest of the ride was pretty much the same. Me and Ellie asked questions about mom until we got home. Those phonecalls we got were creepy but I'm sure everything will be ok.