Chapter 5 The Breakdown✔

Jack's POV

I can't believe that Ellie and Elliott have been missing for 3 months now. And the police still hasn't found them!!!

Every second that passes could be one that the twins could be dead. I'm scared. Right now I'm headed over to the police station with Ashley to see if they found anything.

Im gripping the steering wheel so tight I think my knuckles are white. And I think Ashley noticed.

"Jack calm down everything will be ok" she said putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I know but I'm so worried about them" I told her.

"Well who wouldn't be worried. Jack you are going through a parents worst nightmare. But don't worry. I know the twins will be ok. They are fighters" she said.

I felt slightly better after she said that. I took her hand and held it tightly.

"Thanks Ash" I said.

"No problem. And hey if you need me, I'm always here" she told me. I smiled at her and she returned it.

When we got to the police station I quickly got out of the car, opened the door for Ashley, and we headed towards the front door.

We stepped inside and I went to in officer who was in charge of the case.

"Hello. Im Jack Malloy. I'm here about Ellie and Elliott Malloy" I said.

"One second" he said. He took out some files.

"Yeah we don't have anything one them but trust us we will handle it" he said.

Ok this just made me mad.

"Ok no. Tell me that your looking for them. Tell me you have a lead" I said starting to raise my voice.

"Jack calm down a little" she said rubbing my arm.

"No Ashley! You said it yourself. I'm living a parents worst nightmare" I said.

I faced the officer and slammed my hands on his desk.

"Do you know what it feels like?! When your kids don't come home and don't tell you how their day was? When you don't know if they are safe or even if they are alive?" I yelled.

"Sir just calm down" he said.

"Hell no! Do you have kids?!" I asked angrily.

"Sir please just-" I cut him off.

"No answer me! Do you have kids?" I asked again.

"Yes I do" he said.

"And what would you do if one of them was missing?!" I asked.

"I would probably be doing the same thing you are sir" he said.

"Thank you" I said calming down.

I stormed out and Ashley was running behind me.

"Jack. Jack. Jack stop!" she yelled behind me.

"What?" I said stopping and turning around.

"Jack I know this is hard but you can't just lash out like that. Even though I get why you did" she said.

I sighed.

"Look Ashley. Its just that this is so hard for me. I mean I already lost Ellie. I promised her I would take care of our children and so far I'm blowing it. I'm such a bad father" I said sitting on a nearby bench.

"No you aren't Jack. This kind of thing can happen to anyone" Ashley said sitting down next to me.

"But Ashley. You don't get it. I feel like I'm letting Ellie down. Like I'm failing her. Every time I look at the twins its like she's with me. Elliott has her eyes. He has her spirit. And Ellie. She's like a replica of her. Every time I look at her I see Ellie. Both of them remind me of their mom. And with everything that has happened, I feel like I'm losing her a second time" I say on the verge of tears.

"Oh Jack" Ashley says.

"I'm gonna go for a walk and clear my head. I'll be back" I tell her. She nodded.

I got up and just walked a couple of blocks. When I saw an old warehouse. I didn't think much if it. As soon as I passed it, I heard a blood-curling scream. It scared the hell out of me.

Yet the voice sounded familiar.

I decided to enter.

When I enter, it's very black and there is only a dim light. I see a hallway. I start walking towards the end of the hallway.

As I'm half way to the end, an old lady comes out.

"Excuse me but could you please leave?" she asked.

"Im sorry ma'am but I heard a scream and-" she cut me off.

"Don't worry about it. Could you please leave" she said.

"But ma'am why was there screaming-"

"Get out!!!" she yelled pulling a knife out.

I fell back and started running towards the exit. I finally made it out.

What the hell happened?

3rd person POV

Little did Jack know he was at the very place where his kids were and the old lady pulled her mask revealing Blake.