Chapter 6

A soft cloud drifted from my lips as I exhaled, I stared at it and grinned,

“It’s like I’m breathing out smoke!” I grinned, and turned to face Itachi, “Don’t you think?” Itachi stared at me, a frown gracing his flawless Uchiha features.

“No.” I pouted,

“You’re no fun.” I turned to Sasori, who was leaning against a tree on the far side of the small clearing. “What about you? Don’t you think it looks like I’m breathing out smoke?” Sasori’s eyes opened and set themselves on me. I huffed when I realised he wasn’t going to answer, just stare at me like a creepy old man.

“I see, you actually showed up.” I heard the leader drawl from behind me. I spun and grinned,

“Does that mean that we didn’t have to?” I asked, gripping onto my last shred of hope and refusing to let go.

“No.” The leader deadpanned, “If you all didn’t show up, I’d kill you all personally.”

“Fuck, that’s harsh.” The leader rolled his odd, purple eyes.

“Alright, Itachi and Sasori,” The leader turned to them, smirking. “I want this to be fun, so I’m going to let her have a 5 minute head start.” I bit my lip and stared at Sasori, who stared back at me. “Are you ready, Peiji?” I glared at the leader, irritated by his sinful smile.

“Ready, dickhead…” The orange haired man smirked, before gesturing for me to leave them,

“I will explain the rules while you are running.” I rolled my eyes, letting them land on Sasori. I could see the pain in his eyes, but not his posture. He looked calm, as usual.

I then did as I was told, because no matter what feelings I had, I was unwilling to die.

My instincts activated in the first three minutes of running away.

I don’t like that sentence… Running away… That’s not my style.

“Come and get me.” I whispered as I abruptly dropped from the treetops, and onto the forest floor. I looked around, realising that there were many places for the skilled Itachi, and secretive Sasori to hide.

I decided to hide, so I could sneak up on them and kill them quickly. Well, that was my plan, but I doubted I could commit the act when the time came.

I slowly drew out my kunai when I sensed Itachi’s chakra signature. I smirked and silently did a couple hand signs,

“Lightning flash.” I whispered, and in an instant, I was beside the Uchiha.

He spun, eyes wide. I smirked, ducked under his last minute coat hanger, and attempted to stab him in the stomach. At the last minute though, my muscles tensed and I hesitated.