Reappearance of the Stone

Start from the beginning

Once I was secured in a similar manner to them, Cataclysm made his appearance.

"Lovely of you to drop by," he drawled with an easy grin. Striding in with his dark black,leather overcoat flapping dramatically behind them, Cataclysm gestured to his cronies as if asking them to begin. The overcoat was literally so glossy, it looked to have blue accents.

I tilted my head and frowned. Begin what? Almost too hopefully, I flicked my wrist and hoped for any sort of magic to collect. Just a sign to let me know that I could bust out even if I'd collapse five minutes in.

"You're probably wondering why I have you strapped to these tables as rudely as I have. Excuse my manners but you have something I want and the girl was the only way to get at least three of you here," Cataclysm said off-handedly with his back to us, fiddling with computerized desk across the room.

"Which three exactly?" Streak piped up. Nonchalant way of finding out how much he knows about us. Good job, Speedster.

"Hunter and Mirage are siblings, are they not? And Justice would never leave her best friend behind. Isn't that right, Olive?" The man answered. I could almost feel his smirk as Streak looked like she was choking on her tongue because of his last statement.

"Okay, you know who we are and obviously you know a couple of personal details but that doesn't explain why you've strapped us to a bunch ejection tables," Comet interrupted with a frown.

"You got that wrong, Firework. I happen to know everything on offer in records about you five and the reason you're strapped to tables? Well, I want what makes you lot so special," Cataclysm said, throwing an easy smirk over his shoulder as he slammed his fist into a particular button that had absolutely nothing interesting about it.

My eyes widened by a fraction as soon as the slots opened on the sides of the table and the syringes came out. One pair was poised on either side of my neck, another pair was aimed for the blood vessel in the joint of my arm, two syringes were poised towards the bend of my waist on either side and, lastly, one pair was fixed for the calf of my leg.

I gulped as the one near my neck caught the light and seemed to glint sinisterly.

"Our powers? You want our powers? That won't work," Justice scowled as a strand of spray-dyed bluish green hair fell in her purple eyes. She sounded slight nervous because that fact could never be truly confirmed.

The best guess was that our powers were linked to our personalities. They weren't supposed to work for anyone else and if our personalities alter, our powers do, too.

Not that I fully understand how magic can be truly used to depict someone's personality but that was the theory anyways.

"You know...," Cataclysm paused thoughtfully as he reached into the inner pocket of his overcoat and pulled something out in his gloved hand. "I think it will."

He turned his hand to reveal a fist sized, deep purple stone laying at the center if his palm. There seemed to be waves of purple smoke swirling inside the polished stone when it caught the light.

I felt my throat close up as I drew a sharp breath of shock.

I knew that stone...

"How did you get that?" Hunter whispered, forest green eyes fixed firmly on the familiar stone. 

"Yes, you recognize it, don't you? Ragnald is truly a force to be reckoned with," Cataclysm murmured.

The rest of our team were throwing confused glances at the tree of us and the stone that held our attention.

"I know that," Hunter snapped irritably.

"So did your parents," Cataclysm smirked when my brother glared at him.